Hobby Lobby - Cashier | Glassdoor

"Cashier"

Former Employee - Seasonal Cashier
Former Employee - Seasonal Cashier

I worked at Hobby Lobby part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved the Christian music that was played in the store. Also beautiful items all around to remind all about our God. Many very kind and very hard working coworkers. Management tried to schedule employees requesting time off. Sundays off was a fantastic relief to know I could go to my church and worship The Lord.

Cons

No breaks to get even a sip of water or bathroom privileges if any kind of line. Many times I worked 6 hours or more at the register and was denied these simple requests. Register very confusing with out dated equipment so no scanner to ensure correct pricing in all of the products sold. Many times I would have to enter 4 different keys to enter department, category,percentage off, and the seasonal category for each and every item. I believe this is why lines form in the first place. Employees fearful of complaining in any way for job security. Schedule changed weekly. Many times I did not know until a few days before I had to work.

Advice to Management

Put new hires in the different departments at least for a week to understand the departments and where items are located to insure proper register pricing. Have some kind of system that employees could vocalize best practices to make the store run more efficiently and retain more productive and happy workers Even management was fearful of angering district manager if store was not "perfect". Too much fear from all levels of job stability.

Other Employee Reviews for Hobby Lobby

"Too much work, not enough time"

Pros

There are no pros for this job

Cons

Too much work, not enough time

"I would rather not"

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You have Sundays off yeah!

Cons

I would rather not say