Hobby Lobby - Working at Hobby Lobby as a Cashier | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby

"Working at Hobby Lobby as a Cashier"

Former Employee - Department Head/Cashier in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Department Head/Cashier in Plano, TX

I worked at Hobby Lobby part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is helpful and care about personal time. They try to respect each employee and make clear their expectations.

Cons

Nothing is electronically cataloged. Everything has to be counted and sorted by hand. It also gets extremely busy and being a department head/cashier makes your job harder

Other Employee Reviews for Hobby Lobby

1. "Customer Service"

Current Employee - Senior Warehouse Personnel in Beaumont, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Warehouse Personnel in Beaumont, TX

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

15% off all items we buy. Great starting pay when you make full time. Good managers to work for. We all become one big family, we care about each other.

Cons

The downside is when the months are slow and sales are not high we feel it in the hours that are giving to us to work. They are low but not for too long of time.

"Good Company"

Former Employee - Cashier in Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Cashier in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Hobby Lobby part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hobby Lobby is a very good company that starts off both part time workers and full time workers excellent wages high above minimum wage. They have Sundays off and good store hours, 9am to 8pm. The merchandise they carry is also fun and you can learn a lot of different hobbies and crafts there. The team of workers is small, and you can become good friends with a lot of people. The backroom in the store I worked at was very organized and clean. A lot of their cleaning methods and organization methods are good.

Cons

A lot of work by hand. This includes inventory, ordering items and of course entering the items on the cash registers. This is very painstaking work and very easy to mess up. The small team is also a problem. There are sometimes not enough people working during the day and at night. This makes for a lot more work for those who are on the clock. Scheduling was also a problem, as they required me there every second I was available.