Hobby Lobby - Co Manager Hours- Not worth it | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby

"Co Manager Hours- Not worth it"

Former Employee - Co Manager in Warwick, RI
Former Employee - Co Manager in Warwick, RI

I worked at Hobby Lobby full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for, easy to advance, work can be fun.

Cons

The hours they expect out of the Co Managers is too much. I was drawn to Hobby Lobby because of their Christian values, which I admire and respect. Unfortunately, I was working 60+ hours a week, and did not have the time to spend with my family. This put a big strain on my family life, therefore I had to quit. I would still be working for them had I had a schedule of 45 hrs. This is the only downfall of the company that I experienced. Although we got every Sunday off, I was too tired to do anything.

Advice to Management

Please take a hard look at the hours the co managers have to work. Sixty hours a week puts a huge strain on our family lives, and as a Christian Company, I'm sure that you can appreciate the value of family time. Hobby Lobby is otherwise a wonderful company to work for.

Other Employee Reviews for Hobby Lobby

1. "Working at Hobby Lobby as a Cashier"

Former Employee - Department Head/Cashier in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Department Head/Cashier in Plano, TX

I worked at Hobby Lobby part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is helpful and care about personal time. They try to respect each employee and make clear their expectations.

Cons

Nothing is electronically cataloged. Everything has to be counted and sorted by hand. It also gets extremely busy and being a department head/cashier makes your job harder

"long and egrading"

Current Employee - Department Manager
    Current Employee - Department Manager

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

they pay well... I have been there a long time and our team has become like a family

Cons

Poor management! It has become more and more apparent they do not truly care on the human level. We had a fantastic store manager when the store opened, he was there for many years but as the corporate level of management became less humane he chose retirement. We have had several managers since, each worse than the last. We are no longer allowed opinions on any level and if you speak up you are punished by scheduling, we earn personal paid time that we have been told we can't use without a doctors note, sometimes not even then. It has become a dictatorship. When we made attempts to go to corporate about the issues we were ignored or embarrassed by being called out in front of others. They have the fact they are christian posted every where and that we are closed to allow time for worship and family on sundays yet we have received trucks on sunday and had to work and now are required to study the sale ad to pass a test monday morning before open. They also brag about their high wages( on the national news and posted on the front door) but they don't tell you that it is a set rate for all employees, the guy who goofs off all day gets paid the same as the guy busting their butt to get things done, not great incentive. I cannot afford to quit due to the High rate of pay but I am more miserable everyday.

Advice to Management

All levels of management should be required human relations classes and pass personality tests before receiving their gold name tag. Remeber that without people you cannot run a business, that includes your employees