Hobby Lobby - Hard to believe Hobby Lobby is a Christian company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby

"Hard to believe Hobby Lobby is a Christian company"

Current Employee - Co-Manager
Current Employee - Co-Manager

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Disappointed to say that the only "pro" that comes to mind is that HL is closed on Sundays.

Cons

Upper management consistently demonstrates attitudes and behavior that is not only unprofessional, but anything but Christ-like. Belittling and berating employees while customers shop is not only unprofessional, but totally against all of the teachings of Jesus Christ. While HL professes to be a Christian company, I have yet to see anyone display qualities that Christians should exemplify. I've seen a near temper tantrum from a district supervisor while in the store with customers shopping. Hard work is not enough for HL. They want 70 hour weeks and do not care if you have a family. If you want to have a life outside of work, HL is not for you. No appreciation for long hours and total dedication to your job.

Advice to Management

Mr. Green needs to be aware of the un-Christ like, hateful people that he has hired to manage his company. Worked in management for 20+ years and never dealt with such nonsense until working for Hobby Lobby.

Other Employee Reviews for Hobby Lobby

1. "Great place to be a cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Hobby Lobby part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you show initiative and try to do well at your job, there are decent opportunities for advancement. I started as a part time employee and, though I ended up leaving for a better offer before I made full time, I stood a very good chance of getting it within 6 months of my start date. The general atmosphere is very pleasant, friendly, and team oriented, my coworkers were awesome, and the new shipments of merchandise were fun to go through. The pay was good for a cashier position and having Sundays off and no super-late shifts was really nice. I was more content there than anywhere else I'd worked at and, had I not gotten that offer, I would have happily stayed for a while longer.

Cons

It's retail, so expect odd hours, the occasional irritating customer, and your weekly hours to fluctuate depending on the season. I was told when I was hired that I would have every other Saturday off, but that didn't happen.

"left me with a bad feeling about the company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Hobby Lobby full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

there were some good people that worked there, but very clicky.

Cons

never felt like the company realy cared about the employees