Hobby Lobby - Good for a while, but no real opportunities to show excellence. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby

"Good for a while, but no real opportunities to show excellence."

Current Employee - Cashier in Fort Worth, TX
Current Employee - Cashier in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Hobby Lobby part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome products, and plenty of customers with money to spend on hobbies crafts and other such things. Christian owned, beautiful stores with top of the line retail equipment that always works!

Cons

Hours are non existent, so goes the pay. CEO David Green is getting pinched with political issues and fines therefore employees are feeling it right along with him, which makes for a lot of job security questions. No chance of advancement in a business going under. Middle management is abandoning ship with no replacements. So hourly employees are expected to do double the work load with a third of the hours.

Advice to Management

I believe you have very smart, hardworking employees that love the job and find happiness in the simplicity of helping people. Values are very important, and at some point we are all tested on them. Stand up for them, share them. Please, don't use our God as a platform to fight the health care bill. Personal choice is still personal choice, and most, if not all, of us are intelligent enough to choose what is right by Gods' word.

Other Employee Reviews for Hobby Lobby

1. "Buyer"

Current Employee - Buyer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Buyer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Christian environment, Great people to work around, Pay is excellent as well as the benefits. If you want to work for a company who's owner and mgt truly cares about the emopoyees or, you just want to work in a Christian environment then, I don't know of a better company. Hobby Lobby has raised the min wage to $13 hour for any full time employee and, has given me a great raise every year.

Cons

store Mgr's have to work a lot of hours

Advice to Management

you are the best, keep following God's plan for this company.

"Hard to believe Hobby Lobby is a Christian company"

Current Employee - Co-Manager
    Current Employee - Co-Manager

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Disappointed to say that the only "pro" that comes to mind is that HL is closed on Sundays.

Cons

Upper management consistently demonstrates attitudes and behavior that is not only unprofessional, but anything but Christ-like. Belittling and berating employees while customers shop is not only unprofessional, but totally against all of the teachings of Jesus Christ. While HL professes to be a Christian company, I have yet to see anyone display qualities that Christians should exemplify. I've seen a near temper tantrum from a district supervisor while in the store with customers shopping. Hard work is not enough for HL. They want 70 hour weeks and do not care if you have a family. If you want to have a life outside of work, HL is not for you. No appreciation for long hours and total dedication to your job.

Advice to Management

Mr. Green needs to be aware of the un-Christ like, hateful people that he has hired to manage his company. Worked in management for 20+ years and never dealt with such nonsense until working for Hobby Lobby.