Hobby Lobby - Love Hob Lob. It's awesome | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby

"Love Hob Lob. It's awesome"

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time

Pros

I love Hobby Lobby to death. The hours are great.

Cons

There are no cons to working here.

Advice to Management

You will need to work hard on the floor.

Other Employee Reviews for Hobby Lobby

"Worst place that I've ever worked at"

Former Employee - Scrapbooking in Millard, NE
    Former Employee - Scrapbooking in Millard, NE

I worked at Hobby Lobby full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, discounts (not very much)

Cons

35 hours is NOT full time, the manager I worked for was a complete waste of space, grumpy, and selfish old man. I was hired for scrapbooking full time and I ended up being stationed in the bathrooms to clean every night. He handed me a razor blade, gloves and lysol to SCRAPE the bottom of the urinals in the bathroom. Then proceeded to yell at me and tell me that I don't understand the workings of my own department like inventory and ordering because I was always cleaning the bathrooms. It got to the point where I wouldn't clean the bathrooms and just empty the trash. Then it just boiled down to me throwing off my gloves and saying I will not touch another bathroom while I am here. I am not a janitor, if you want one hire one. And then he made ridiculous claims on my record that I wouldn't show up for work (which didn't stand up because they saw my clock in number whenever I was scheduled to work) and that he also stated I refused to do my job. One time on a sunday night, we had a horrible rainstorm that the roof leaked all night long. HUGE piles of water everywhere. I came in with about 12 other people and he singled me out to mop it up. Then proceeded to tell me that my mopping skills were not up to his standards and took me up to his office to write me up - which I refused to sign. All this happened in 3 months. Worst place to work EVER.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to get in there and have a serious talk between every employee and how they feel at their store - no strings attached. If they feel the manager is a complete jerk, then he should be let go. If they believe another employee is not working up to their standards - fire them.

2. "My overall experience with Hobby Lobby was very good."

Former Employee - Certified Framer in Joplin, MO
    Former Employee - Certified Framer in Joplin, MO

I worked at Hobby Lobby full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The things that I learned at this job has taught me so much in my current career. The Hobby Lobby store in Joplin, MO is just like a family. I go there to this day to visit the employees. I even go to some of the retired ones homes to visit them. Great people to work with.

Cons

Unfortunately it would be middle managment not backing up their employees when they try to enforce store policies. Time and time again I would explain certain framing fees to customers only to have the fees taken away by managers because the customer complained.

Advice to Management

Middle managment needs to stop bowing to the customer.