Holiday Inn Express - Fun interactions with co-workers and customers. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Inn Express

"Fun interactions with co-workers and customers."

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Holiday Inn Express part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment, especially in the evenings. The work environment was uptight when managers were around but in the evenings when only the front desk assistant manager is around things are more relaxed.
They hire several time-part employees instead of hiring 1 or 2 full-time employees. This way they don't have to give benefits to most of their employees.

Cons

Management really didn't care about their front desk employees. Not a lot of training for new employees and basically no opportunity to move into more senior positions if you start out in the front desk.

Advice to Management

Management should pay attention to their per/hour workers. They should at least learn their names.

Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Inn Express

"Beautiful Work Setting!"

Former Employee - Guest Service Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Guest Service Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Holiday Inn Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was an ideal job for anyone who takes personal pleasure resolving guest disputes. Management gives a lot of latitude with granting the Guest Service Manager the authority to resolve disputes which is invaluable.

Cons

Although training seminars are provided and encouraged "best practices" are not implemented in the workplace which is too bad. Holiday Inn requires ongoing seminars from all of their management staff but if what is learned is not implemented then you lose the value of those investments.

Advice to Management

When employees that I had faced personal problems I had suggested taking advantage of your "Employee Assistance Program" because I saw valuable employees that could have been saved. Unfortunately I was overruled. To have this in place and not take advantage of it is not only disappointing but misleading.

2. "I enjoyed working for the company and it's employers"

Former Employee - Guest Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Guest Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at Holiday Inn Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The unique ability of reaching out to guest before, during and after their stay and the backing of management in guest related incidents.

Cons

Not being able to fit in with the organizations established methods of operation

Advice to Management

Reexamine training procedures.