Holiday Retirement - all Sales oriented, no attention to needs of residents and their concerns and they are moving out | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

"all Sales oriented, no attention to needs of residents and their concerns and they are moving out"

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and the time YOU DO spend with seniors is great, they count on you, they need you, we promise them we will be there for them, but once we get them in the door, the demand to work in sales is overwhelming and we don't have the time to do what we promised

Cons

So many hours, need a lot of stamina, no problem for me, but you never get a Holiday paid vacation, I haven't had one since this year.

Advice to Management

Assure your managers get their paid vacations, allow us dedicated time with residents

Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement

"Unless you are desperate run away as fast as you can ! Major fear of job loss among most employees."

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Possibly salary plus commission but keep looking.

Cons

Too many chiefs dictating tasks to on site management. No support from regional managers for egregious misbehavior by on site managers towards sales manager. Any other company would not tolerate this type of abuse at the work site. Terminating the abused is a way for this company to sweep problems under the rug. Regional managers are fired or quit due to excessive expectations resulting in constant turnover. Seventy percent turnover for onsite managers.

Advice to Management

Head office has turned a blind eye to the proven problems with this company. Numbers are the only thing that matter to them . Holiday retirement has a climate of fear even among the best employees. For the sake of the residents wake up and create major changes without fear tactics!

"Working with Seniors is a great learning experience.Great Generation with Dignity, morals,and ethics."

Current Employee - Facilities Maintenance in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Facilities Maintenance in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great tenants, Very friendly Staff, Great People in General

Cons

Revolving Door on Managers,Company has no Dignity,Morals or Ethics.No Staff support ,terrible pay constant pay errors and or just plain wont pay the equal rates from one employee to the next doing the same job. Soon to be known as the worst Retirement places to be at. Already up there in the top 10 im sure for being the worst company to work for. We will lose another 5 to 10 tenants over the next 4 months and have at least 2 more managers leave do to the incompetent upper management.

Advice to Management

Sell the Company to Someone with Moral Ethics and Comunity Values , Not the greedy money grabbing ,put nothing back into placeit is now. You have run these comunitys down to the ground .Cant imagine how you think Someone should pay $4000 a month to live in a building that would be emty if it was just an Aprtment complex at even lower rates..Bottom line is your parasites living off the Seniors hard earned savings and treat them like crap.