Holiday Retirement - Good | Glassdoor

"Good"

Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY
Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Holiday Retirement as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people and great food at lunch.

Cons

Don't help with 401K and that's about it.

Advice to Management

Walk around the floor more.

Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement

"MANAGER WAS LAZY-Corporate Policy (what is that if you follow it your manager gets you wrote up or fired) SENIORS GREAT"

Former Employee - Co Manager in Roanoke, VA
    Former Employee - Co Manager in Roanoke, VA

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The relationships you build with the Seniors and how close you become.

Cons

DEATH of seniors that you have become close with.(Even being with them when they pass and finding them that way) Hard emotionally
    MANAGER LAZY, LAZY, LAZY
    working 72 hours straight every week manager works 54 and then doesn't do anything
    Cold calling out the you know what
    3 days without sleep and Manager still takes off -AND I MEAN NO SLEEP-MULTIPLE ECALLS that kept you up with hospice supervisors being hrs away, funeral companies waiting with you and the list goes on.
    No work Life balance because if you are a caring person when you are off and in your community what do you do tell the residents I am off today I can't help you..

Advice to Management

Don't believe everything that a Manager tells you, do a through investigation-OH YEA the paperwork and emails that I had from the manager and upper management doesn't mean a thing, that's why I have hired an attorney to investigate them

"I'm alway's told by higher Management this is the Holiday way, the way thing's are done change. STILL DON"T KNOW MY JOB"

Current Employee - Housekeeper
    Current Employee - Housekeeper

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Resadent's are what keep me at this job, I love being there for them. We have wonderful Managers, Housekeeping staff and Sue Chef.

Cons

Uper Management come into the bilding nit picking and putting our work down, they don't care if there has been only one house keeper or one Chef they want the bilding to be perfect ! They never say or see any thing good about us or our work ! The pay is not good for what we do, each person get's payed for one job but does at lest 3 !

Advice to Management

Say some thing good ! Give good raises stop slapping us in the face with 2o/o across the board, Some of us work harder for you ! If you want one person to do 2 or 3 job's Pay them for it ! Don't make it so hard for someone to take a day off, stop working us on a skeleton crew ! Stop having us buss with tray's they are nasty and unsafe, knife's, fork's, plates and food slide off. Resadent's have been hit with these sliding off the tray's and It is bad on our back, sholder's and knee's, you will keep your worker's longer if you don't kill there body and pay them for the work they do !