Holiday Retirement - Gracious Rrrrrunning Around Like Crazy | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

"Gracious Rrrrrunning Around Like Crazy"

Former Employee - Sous Chef
Former Employee - Sous Chef

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay, consistent schedule, paid Holidays. The job of Sous chef and Pm Cook for Holiday Retirement is a good step in the right direction for an up and coming culinarian. Plenty of time to learn mixed with the pressures of a deadline. The Employee is provided with recipes and consistent meals and is given enough freedoms to expand ones culinary experience ones heart desires.

Cons

The benefits provided do not start until six months employment. If the employee opts-in to the provided benefits package, one should expect at least a third of a paycheck to be removed. The job requirements are tedious and extensive, one should expect to be running around from the moment he/she walks in the door, to the moment the clock stops. With little to no recognition of ones hard work. After each service, which time line is closely monitored by management, the cook is to serve coffee to the residents... At which time one should expect at least 3 negative comments, and a slew of " well my mother never made it like that." comments.
Overall not a pleasant experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement

"Server"

Pros

I loved the residents, they were amazing to interact with, even if it was only during meals. And the job itself was not hard, and minimum wage was actually a very reasonable pay. I am actually trying to apply there again for the same position now that there are different managers there.

Cons

The managers, at the time, were very biased and gave some servers more shifts than others. They also would get into me if I didn't wipe down the tables fast enough even though I was pushing really hard

Advice to Management

If the servers are going I be on time, don't get on their butts for no realistic reason.

"If you are a sadist and enjoy being micro managed Holiday will be a perfect fit."

Former Employee - Community Manager in New Port Richey, FL
    Former Employee - Community Manager in New Port Richey, FL

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None. There is nothing positive.

Cons

The training can never prepare you for the environment you will be entering. There are at least 17 lawsuits pending covering most every illegal employment practice. The just settled $ 7.5 million February 17, 2014.

Advice to Management

Upper management is so morally bankrupt that they cannot retain any for more than a couple months. They have to continue to recycle the same people with different titles. Community managers turn over is 80% in the first year.