Holiday Retirement - Our last position with the company was the best and we loved it. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

"Our last position with the company was the best and we loved it."

Pros

Meeting great people and dealing with wonderful residents

Cons

Long hours and pressure to perform to company standards

Advice to Management

Invest in your managers. Don't treat them like slave labor, but they already know this

Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement

"I got my soul back."

Former Employee - Salary
    Former Employee - Salary

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The residents are wonderful people that have so much life to share. Hourly employees are over worked and under appreciated by the company.

Cons

I thought the lowest one could go was to sell their soul to the devil. Well if you take a salaried position with Holiday, you just gave your soul to the devil. If by chance you tell others that you love your job and it's the best company ever to work for it can only mean that your are heartless and a greedy. It use to be that if a resident didn't come to the dining room for a meal, management was on the phone calling them or going to their room. How can managers sleep at night know a resident didn't come down for a meal and discovered the next day dead in their apartment. When all it would of taken was a phone call to see if things were ok. This happens way too much. Sons and Daughters put their trust into this company that their parents will be watched over.

Advice to Management

Anyone looking to get into management or any type of salaried position with this company needs to run the oposite way. Read the reviews. Read under the veil. These are all stories from real people that want to give their life to someone that could be your mother or father. But in reality with this company, you are put in a office space and threatened to get move ins. If a person has a pulse they qualify for what is suppose to be independent living. I worked under the Colsons and it was independent living. You were not thretened day in and day out. Your job was to take care of the residents and the residents take care of the company. Training use to be where you spent weeks learning everything from outside to inside about the building and operations from housekeeping, maintenance, to working in the kitchen. Basically now it's, how to turn on a computer to answering a phone call. Short and simple.

"Gracious Rrrrrunning Around Like Crazy"

Former Employee - Sous Chef
    Former Employee - Sous Chef

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay, consistent schedule, paid Holidays. The job of Sous chef and Pm Cook for Holiday Retirement is a good step in the right direction for an up and coming culinarian. Plenty of time to learn mixed with the pressures of a deadline. The Employee is provided with recipes and consistent meals and is given enough freedoms to expand ones culinary experience ones heart desires.

Cons

The benefits provided do not start until six months employment. If the employee opts-in to the provided benefits package, one should expect at least a third of a paycheck to be removed. The job requirements are tedious and extensive, one should expect to be running around from the moment he/she walks in the door, to the moment the clock stops. With little to no recognition of ones hard work. After each service, which time line is closely monitored by management, the cook is to serve coffee to the residents... At which time one should expect at least 3 negative comments, and a slew of " well my mother never made it like that." comments.
    Overall not a pleasant experience.