Holiday Retirement - Not impressed. | Glassdoor

"Not impressed."

Current Employee - Executive Chef
Current Employee - Executive Chef

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than a year)

Pros

residents are great. love talking with them on a daily basis listening to all their amazing stories.

Cons

Little to no communication between the 2 sets of live in married managers. extremely high turnover rate for management and employees in general. most co-managers last about 3-9 months before resigning. About the same for building managers. Mostly due to the constant pressure from the sales team. It seems as if that is the companies only aim. we just had 5 sets of managers quit in our region in the past 2 weeks!

The Pay for housekeeping,serving, and hourly kitchen staff is so low that you are resorted to hiring staff with little experience and the ones that have experience don't stick around long because of the constant bombardment of micromanagement from regional down to building management

....OH AND GET THIS... whether your an hourly employee or salary you can never get a raise!!! Thats right! What rate You are hired in as is the rate that you stay for your entire employment. The companies response to my complaints is that "we do give out raises....cost of living raises." My cost of living raise last year was .03 cents. WOW. The only exception for this is if you change jobs say from dishwasher to prep cook, then you would possibly get a raise in pay. (There is only 4 positions in the kitchen: cook sous chef dishwasher and sometimes a prep cook) Generally employees are treated as liabilities as apposed to assets for the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement

"Holiday reitrement company is unorgainized"

Current Employee - Server in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Server in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Holiday Retirement part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sense of community, good coworkers

Cons

Managers change often. Poor decisions by former managers

Advice to Management

Please try to be more consistent and don't leave after 2 months

"Horrible company to work for"

Former Employee - Community Manager
    Former Employee - Community Manager

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free apt. and free food- thats it. There are NO good things.

Cons

Your complete life is given up. You have no time to travel or to anything or even enjoy the money you make. You are over worked and under paid.Upper management lies to you and to others.. they say whatever to get the sale or employee to do what they want. You think as an employee that what you read about HR is disgruntled employees...then you work for them and you find out it is ALL TRUE and VERY BAD. Horrible company to work for.

Advice to Management

Upper management will lie when the truth would be better and people eventually find out what lies they are ... then the company looks even worse.
    Sadly I know you dont care since almost every building makes over a million in profits even after ALL the BILLS ARE PAID.