Holiday Retirement - Worst company I've worked for in 30 years--micromanagement at its worst! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

"Worst company I've worked for in 30 years--micromanagement at its worst!"

Current Employee - Community Sales Leader
Current Employee - Community Sales Leader

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the community and what it offers our residents and love working with seniors. It's a nice product and good value. Good health plan.

Cons

As a sales professional with degrees and years of health care experience, I've never been treated so poorly. You spend 1/4 of the day telling three supervisors the same thing. There are one-on-one coaching calls, reporting calls, a model of selling that sometimes make me feel like I'm in the used car business. Supervisors think they have all the answers. But the bottom line is family and residents make up their mind in their own time, not Holiday time. Difficult to take holidays off when you work in a community. Lots of management turnover and personality issues. Employees are not value and respected even though we all give the best to our residents.

Advice to Management

Respect and value your employees. It's good business sense and reducing turnover saves money. Employees feel so little value--even lead community managers and co-managers. Sales leaders are monitored and beaten up on a consistent basis. Many managers are leaving for career with Hawthorne because they feel the old Holiday management run a more effective organization. In my entire 30 year career, I've never worked so many hours for so little pay. Commissions were reduced in company's favor. How are employees ever going to feel valued? The company is nothing without its managers and staff.

Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement

"long hours"

Pros

love the residents and the loction

Cons

hate the hours and the pay

"Absolute hell.hole.,worst job"

Pros

None, this is the worst job ever

Cons

Cutting hours and pay. No caring for residents. Just want the seniors money. Run,don't walk.away.Worst job in 40 years of working.

Advice to Management

Fire area managers and marketers. Only care about themselves.