Holiday Retirement - PEOPLE FIRST | Glassdoor

"PEOPLE FIRST"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gahanna, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gahanna, OH

Pros

The pay is good with the free apartment, food and utilities. The benefits are good. I really love the residents and working with my wife.

Cons

The focus of upper management is only getting move-ins and not on taking care of our current residents. RD's and above with no experience of what managers do on a daily basis and their lack of sensitivity toward us when we had to deal with 3 e-calls and only had a couple of hours of sleep, and all they want to know is why you don't have any move-in's.

Advice to Management

It is all about the people from employees to residents and you need to put people first if you want to succeed.

Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement

"After you leave"

Former Employee - Executive Chef in Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Executive Chef in Evansville, IN

Pros

Most weekends off- good enough amount of money to spend monthly-yearly incentive for being on budget- I had a great staff and great residents

Cons

No consistency in training. Managers not knowing their job. Mixed reviews by upper management. Gossip that goes on behind your back while you still work there. Floating chefs are a poor example of the holiday touch. Too much focus on marketing instead of focusing on the residents that you currently have and keeping them happy. Word of mouth is the best advertisement and the company is focused on money money money instead of the right employees to do the right job and keep uniformity to keep the residents happy and content. The focus of this company is in the wrong place and I was drowing everyday that I was there. Floater chefs say I was cheap but I spent my money allowed and stuck to the menu while giving extended choices that were related to the interest of my residents. I left because the philosophy of the company has changed. Anything that costs money but provide the touch are ignored and focus is on Special events that lead to no move ins and irritated residents that their home is a hosting ground at least several time per month to host special events and disrupt their normal life. I am more irritated at the feedback I receive now not being an employee than when I worked there. Mind you I gave a notice and was not fired, I was always on budget and even attended the Culinary Conclave. I was not a troubled employee and I received my quarterly and yearly bonuses.

Advice to Management

Focus on effective training and keeping your employees happy. Happy employees lead to happy residents. Focus on uniformity and the residents you have and ways to keep them then ways to make them move out faster. Try walking in the shoes of real managers and the kitchen staff who busts their tail everyday to ensure that the residents are happy.

"Good work, bad management"

Former Employee - Server/Dishwasher in Gresham, OR
    Former Employee - Server/Dishwasher in Gresham, OR

Pros

Friendly Staff
    Friendly Residents
    Good pay for dishwasher position
    Decent part time hours
    Easy tasks

Cons

Harassment of management makes working a little difficult
    Not enough desired hours for servers
    Service could be better
    Bad corporate support

Advice to Management

Take it easy on everyone working, we would be a top notch team without any more scolding or nagging.