Holland & Barrett Retail - Supervisor- 10hrs. | Glassdoor

"Supervisor- 10hrs."

Supervisor in Farnham, NY

I worked at Holland & Barrett Retail for less than a year

Pros

-Fantastic store team, had a great relationship with my manager. -Pay is decent, even without benefits. -Good commission and bonuses. -Training is comprehensive.

Cons

-Area and regional management is pitiful and completely unsupportive, even accusatory. -Pay is affected by customer satisfaction surveys. It's unfair the means of putting food on the table is in the hands of the general public who often are unaware of this fact. -CEO is completely self absorbed -Communication between stores, head office and technical support is rubbish

Holland & Barrett Retail2016-06-09

"Stressful and unrewarding"

Supervisor in Featherstone, VA

I have been working at Holland & Barrett Retail for more than a year

Pros

The only pro I can think of is the training that you receive. Although it can be hit and miss with some employees depending on what area you're working in and what role.

Cons

Prepare to be bombarded by KPIs and targets, you need to sell this with this, increase on this, 4 item link sale, Rewards for Life cards, magazines, samples, customer feedback cards is just a few of the things you have to remember. There's always a shortage of staff so be prepared if you're management to not have a lot of time off if any. You're never acknowledged for the work that you do and the time that you put in or rewarded for it. The area manager is always on your back asking why something hasn't been done, why you haven't met a certain target etc. Just all in all very stressful along with all the tests and training updates that you have to do in between.

Continue reading
    Holland & Barrett Retail2016-02-16

"Worst company ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clonmel, KS

I have been working at Holland & Barrett Retail part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

To be honest there is very few, 25% discount that's about it for me!

Cons

There is actually so much wrong with this company, I could be here a while typing. Manager / management have no idea how to treat their staff, constant pressure not an enjoyable place to work at all. They never send the right promotion kit for you to implement the promotion, and then your asm does a visit, this that and everything is wrong even after you have reported the items. Never any praise. Lone trading is also a big issue. No support from anyone. I feel like a robot in work, constantly asking customers question after question, rfl, mag, buy one try one, sampling and that's just at till, also asked to wear ridiculous badges as well as the two badges that are to be worn already, and loyalty lead where you wear rfl cards on a key ring and approach customers on the floor and sign them up. ABSOULTELY RIDICULOUS!! This is a health shop I have never worked anywhere where I felt so stressed and under appreciated. This is only few things wrong with this company, stay away if your thinking of joining Holland and Barrett.

Continue reading
    Holland & Barrett Retail2016-01-04

Discover more reviews about Holland & Barrett Retail.