Hollister Co. - Not that good | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Not that good"

Current Employee - Model in Libertyville, IL
Current Employee - Model in Libertyville, IL

Pros

Well, the managers didn't know what they were doing, they did a poor job of managing, their in their late twenties and they think their still in high school.

Cons

The hours sucked, not only that I had a manager call me in to ask if I could work, on my way their I had a flat tire, called in and told her, she said I still needed to come in, so I drove on the spare tire. When I got there she said she "didn't need me to work anymore."

Advice to Management

The kids that work their are pretty chill, but in terms of leadership there is none because all you do is fold clothes and say cheesy tag lines.

Other Employee Reviews for Hollister Co.

"Terrible, you need to work your ass off for nothing."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Okay discount, free uniform, and very flexible. It is a great starting job but does not seem like a job term kind of job.

Cons

The sales are treated like garbage and the models are treated like roman gods. They are always treating sales associates like slaves.

Advice to Management

Treat your sales associates better, give better discounts, and stop treating the models like gods. Offering intern positions to associates would be great.

2. "living in hell"

Former Employee - Manager In Training in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Manager In Training in Lubbock, TX

Pros

work with healthy people. No responsibility... doesn't feel like work. You leave work at work. they have great benefits. $50 a month for dental health and vision

Cons

Work with younger people... workers dont take their job seriously. Its all about looks... the company is really shallow. You are forced to buy their clothes. You only get a 30% discount off clothes and clothes that are on sale don't count. It blows!

Advice to Management

Try hiring people who work hard instead of look good. No one ever took that job seriously why would they when you promote based on looks instead of work ethic.