Hollister Co. - It's a good job if you just need some side money. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hollister Co.

"It's a good job if you just need some side money."

Current Employee - Hollister Co in Montebello, CA
Current Employee - Hollister Co in Montebello, CA

I have been working at Hollister Co. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My managers are cool and fun and my coworkers are friendly. It has great discounts.The atmosphere in the store is very laid back. very flexible with your schedule.

Cons

The pay is horrible. The music is too loud. Store is too dark. we only work about 3-4 hours, and you don't work every day. You're on call most of the time.

Advice to Management

Employees should get more hours not only 3-4.

Other Employee Reviews for Hollister Co.

1. "THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE"

Former Employee - Visual Manager in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Visual Manager in Garden City, NY

I worked at Hollister Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- you meet some great people

Cons

-Hours
    -District Manager
    -Policy

Listen if you're walking in the mall or any other place and someone approaches you about "working for Hollister" run as fast as you can. This is the WORST company anyone can ever work for and quiet frankly I'm so confused as to why this company is still around. The long hours you work and what is expected from you is torture. The morals and beliefs of this company is absolutely disgusting. There is also no room for growth if you don't have "the look". You can work you're little tail off and you still won't get recognized for your hard work if you're not sleeping with the District Manager *cough*. I've known way too many people who worked for this company, who dedicated so much time and hard work but never got promoted because they didn't have "the look". The pay is horrible after tax is taken out you're left with 12/hr as a manager. I mean come on. I recommend you go to a company that actually care about their employees and will pay yor based on your hard work not your looks cause the Hollister and Abercrombie brand is quickly but surely phasing out. No one cares about BRANDS anymore!

And also if you're in a relationship say goodbye to that one!

2. "impacter"

Former Employee - Impacter in Pearland, TX
    Former Employee - Impacter in Pearland, TX

I worked at Hollister Co. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was an okay place to work. There were very few co workers and had very little time to work there. Only worked one day a week and the pay was barely above minimum wage at $7.50. The work was very repetitive. I was placed always in women's one and had to reorganize the same stacks of clothes every time that I worked and greeted people as they came – more...

Cons

Co-workers are not very competent at times, making a difficult and stressful work day. Advancement is only available if you are willing to move just about anywhere in the world. The pay is decent for retail but plan on working a lot especially during the holidays.