Home Care Delivered - Salespeople are second class citizens | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Home Care Delivered

"Salespeople are second class citizens"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Home Care Delivered full-time

Pros

I received my paycheck on time.

Cons

This is a company that hires salespeople because they need them but never because they want them. The sales cultural was non existent and the feeling that you were lucky to have your job each day was perpetuated. I watched a very successful salesrep slave away and become the best in their corporate history with no public accolades or incentives outside of the normal bonus. The quota system is limiting and there are months that you drive revenue for the company butility don't make a dime yourself.
Salespeople don't GROW or prosper here. There are no directors or leaders that are former salespeople. Sales management is brought in from the outside and turn over very quickly (most don't last 9 months).
The only consistency in compensation plans were change. Variable comp plans change whenever it seems to be working to the benefit of the rep. The operations team was well liked and valued (they always purchased them lunch or had contests to motivate them), meanwhile you would bring in referrals that operations didn't clear so you would not get paid. Operations was broken and didn't have any repercussions, the repercussions were levied on the salesrep's paycheck.
If you want to work for a company that believes that salespeople are overly indulged, over compensated whiners that do an easy job then this is the place for you, otherwise, find a company that understands the value of great salespeople and what it takes to keep them.

Advice to Management

Great salespeople are hard to find and shouldn't be punished for success or seeking incentive!

Other Employee Reviews for Home Care Delivered

1. "Great CEO"

I worked at Home Care Delivered full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CEO is genuine--true to the company's values.

Cons

Alot of backstabbing in management.

Advice to Management

Stop turning a blind eye to how people are treated.

Home Care Delivered Response

Dec 14, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your employment experience at Home Care Delivered. We take your comments seriously as they help us to identify areas of opportunity. If you would like to ... More

"Meh"

Former Employee - MDA
    Former Employee - MDA

I worked at Home Care Delivered full-time

Pros

Pay starting wasn't too bad. Co workers there were pretty great and made the day go by faster. They were more of a help than the actual supervisors so we relied on each other very much. Nice break room with free cofee. Telecommuting.

Cons

One word MICROMANAGEMENT to the finest! They analyze you every single way possible. Everything is always changing and absoultly no communication. You can not be a minute late to work. One minute late results as an accidental occurrence. BUT you couldn't clock in early as its unapproved overtime. So you have to clock in exactly at your scheduled time and get yelled at if you dont. Iv never had a job that never had a grace period or didnt allow you to clock in a minute or two early or late. Bathroom breaks are classified as unscheduled breaks but lord forbid if you take unnecessary unscheduled breaks because you'll get yelled at that too. So basically you are chained to your desk for 8 hours with a hour lunch break and two 15 minute breaks before and after. Benefits are terrible and PTO is god awful.. I will give them that they were trying to improve when I left just too little too late. They try to make work fun but I felt it wasn't sincere and they didn't care about the employees. Some of their managers are good and others do not deserve their spot and have no clue what they are doing. And did I mention communication is terrible.

Advice to Management

Be aware on how you speak and talk to your employees....it feels like you are belittling them and treat them like kids. Also I recommend a grace period for clock in and clock outs. To expect an employee to clock in right on the nose is a bit unrealistic and overboard. In addition I feel like you need to train your managers more-they need to know how to do their employees job before their own. How do you expect a manager to be a good leader when they don't know how to do their own employees job. It is so hard to work when your own supervisor doesn't know what is going on. Promote inside within the department for the needed manager or supervisor positions. You have some excellent employees that are dying to move up and hardworkers-promote them!