Home Goods - Hectic work | Glassdoor

"Hectic work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Milford, CT
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Milford, CT

I have been working at Home Goods part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I met at work are great for the most part. The variety of merchandise is fun to view and display.

Cons

The lazy workers are kept on the registers while the hard working ones work their behinds off for their entire shift doing returns and picking up after the sloppy customers. It gets tiring after a while. If you annoy the manager in any way then you can expect your hours to be cut to the bare minimum.

Advice to Management

Motivate the lazy workers to do their part or get rid of them. Praise your hard working staff and up the pay. For the pittance pay that we receive we do too much work. Plus fix the heating and air conditioning units, who wants to work or shop in a store that's hot as an oven. I'm sure that HVAC maintenance will not hurt your bonus too much.

Other Employee Reviews for Home Goods

"Not good Stay away also"

Former Employee - The Truck Guy in Hillsborough, NJ
    Former Employee - The Truck Guy in Hillsborough, NJ

I worked at Home Goods part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly employees fun good laughs

Cons

Cutting hours, lazy employees, Management suck, DM visit, Rushing to get truck done, no empolyee where you need them. There a lot of problem with this company. There a program call BEST to track your work but it's 100% bull. The system is Flaud. Your rush to finish half a truck in to days which ranges from 900 to 1500 in 4 hours each day. Half the truck are never stack goods or on pallets to make it easy. We also have one guy pulling out furnture wall dec lamps and rugs plus help customers with Carrie outs and register. We waste money by buying fixture that we don't needs that's could open others store with. Shopping that are all broken.

Advice to Management

Have a store meeting with every employee that works there you someone didn't show up they don't have a job anymore. Work with you staff instead of sitting in the office. More hours for people that work. Toss out fixture we don't use.

"I had a great experience working with these guys!"

Former Employee - Floor Associate in Glen Mills, PA
    Former Employee - Floor Associate in Glen Mills, PA

I worked at Home Goods part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible, great coworkers, and very friendly all around. This is a great summer job for a high school or college student!

Cons

The normal cons of retail.. And the back room was hot in the summer months. But overall I liked the experience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work