Home Goods - Love the people, workload is HEAVY, pay stinks. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Home Goods

"Love the people, workload is HEAVY, pay stinks."

Current Employee - SalesFloor/Merch/Cashier in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - SalesFloor/Merch/Cashier in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Home Goods part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture - both management and employees enjoy each others' company, sharing laughs in a congenial, though VERY hard-working, environment. I really like the people I work with. Managers at my store have specifically stated that they value and actively want to foster a positive, pleasant, and fun environment for both employees and customers.

Cons

Too few people doing too much work for far too low pay. The pace is always hectic, if not teetering on chaotic. I and my coworkers *HUSTLE* ALL.DAY.LONG. From the beginning of a shift until the very end, we are hustling, if not even scrambling to get our assignments done amid customer interruptions, being called for cashier back-up, price checks, approvals, carry-outs, rugs, paid-holds, and more... It is exhausting. There are simply not enough people scheduled to cover everything that needs to be done.

Advice to Management

Corporate TJX Management: Stop being so lean with payroll. Step into a given employee's shoes for even just an hour and you will see just HOW. MUCH. WORK. it is to keep a HomeGoods running. Stop requiring 1 employee to do 3 urgent jobs. Either keep stores staffed with more people throughout the entire year, or pay a heck of a lot more than $8-10 hour. The low pay is forcing good employees out.

Other Employee Reviews for Home Goods

"Hectic work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Milford, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Milford, CT

I have been working at Home Goods part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I met at work are great for the most part. The variety of merchandise is fun to view and display.

Cons

The lazy workers are kept on the registers while the hard working ones work their behinds off for their entire shift doing returns and picking up after the sloppy customers. It gets tiring after a while. If you annoy the manager in any way then you can expect your hours to be cut to the bare minimum.

Advice to Management

Motivate the lazy workers to do their part or get rid of them. Praise your hard working staff and up the pay. For the pittance pay that we receive we do too much work. Plus fix the heating and air conditioning units, who wants to work or shop in a store that's hot as an oven. I'm sure that HVAC maintenance will not hurt your bonus too much.

"Not good Stay away also"

Former Employee - The Truck Guy in Hillsborough, NJ
    Former Employee - The Truck Guy in Hillsborough, NJ

I worked at Home Goods part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly employees fun good laughs

Cons

Cutting hours, lazy employees, Management suck, DM visit, Rushing to get truck done, no empolyee where you need them. There a lot of problem with this company. There a program call BEST to track your work but it's 100% bull. The system is Flaud. Your rush to finish half a truck in to days which ranges from 900 to 1500 in 4 hours each day. Half the truck are never stack goods or on pallets to make it easy. We also have one guy pulling out furnture wall dec lamps and rugs plus help customers with Carrie outs and register. We waste money by buying fixture that we don't needs that's could open others store with. Shopping that are all broken.

Advice to Management

Have a store meeting with every employee that works there you someone didn't show up they don't have a job anymore. Work with you staff instead of sitting in the office. More hours for people that work. Toss out fixture we don't use.