Home Goods - Great employees and interesting working experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Home Goods

"Great employees and interesting working experience"

Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I worked at Home Goods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All employees are very friendly and easy to get along with, 90% of them will go out of their way to help you.
The assistant managers were very easy to get along with.
The merchandise is fantastic/unique and merchandised differently from any other store you've ever seen.

Cons

For a merchandise coordinator there is a lot asked of you for minimum wage. Almost every day I felt like I was running around the store in circles, sometimes taking hours to complete a project that should have taken 45 mins tops.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees the same. Store Manager constantly played favorites. They are all about "promoting from within" in this company but if the Store Manager doesn't necessarily like or get along with you, you're kind of out of luck.

Other Employee Reviews for Home Goods

"I worked full-time at Home Goods for over a year."

Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Collegeville, PA
    Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Collegeville, PA

I worked at Home Goods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Don't know why some of these people are complaining so much, I honestly loved my job at Home Goods and would go back if I wanted to. I guess maybe it was just my managers but the place was a pretty laid back. I loved being able to make displays and organize my departments the way I wanted to. Me and my managers always had good communication. They always gave me "standards" but I was generally able to set up my departments the way I wanted to (Or the way I had to because there's usually never room available).

Cons

The pay sucks but being a coordinator helped a bit. Some days can drag on and others can fly by, it's always what you want to make of it. As long as you go in there with a good attitude then it will be a good day (unless your coworkers try to complain and bring you down. Trust me, it happens a lot). Also some managers do try to micromanage to much and just wind up conflicting with standards or other managers plans for that section. The worst the about being a coordinator was that departments were always changing and moving around too much. It was pretty much once a month that at least 3 different departments would move across the store in order to attempt to make more room for incoming merchandise. The moves themselves usually took 1-2 weeks so it was pretty pointless.

Advice to Management

Stop moving stuff. It confuses our customers way too much. When decorative pillows move 2-3 times in a month, people tend to get annoyed.

2. "Good"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hillsborough, NH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hillsborough, NH

I have been working at Home Goods part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are very friendly to work with

Cons

Very Short staffed at times,