Home Instead Senior Care - Best part was working with clients | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

"Best part was working with clients"

Former Employee - Caregiver in Middletown, CT
Former Employee - Caregiver in Middletown, CT

I worked at Home Instead Senior Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helping people was very benificial. Spending time with people who appreciated what was being done and the time it took to do.

Cons

No communication between management and caregivers. There was a lot of things happening where it was obvious they were only concerned about money and not the welbeing of clients and caregivers.

Advice to Management

Really needs to look into franchised offices. Also the motives of Office owners, managers and supervisors.

Other Employee Reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

"Home instead ... " To us, it's personal""

Current Employee - Caregiver in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They work around your hours and are like a family. I love my job and the clients I care for. They take time to match the care giver and the client so that they make a good combination.

Cons

Home instead caters to senor citizens thus having the older clients there is the knowledge that the day will come when the client care giver relationship will end. It is sad to think about at times but must be addressed.

Advice to Management

I think the families of clients should go to educational classes to learn more about their loved ones condition so they could have a better understanding. I am amazed at how some of my clients families think they know about my clients illness from what they hear or are told from other sources but it is not factual information.

"They lack leadership with communication skills."

Current Employee - Caregiver in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Keeps you working 40 hoursj + a week.

Cons

As an employee, I feel they should communicate more with not only the employees, but the clients as well. Lack of training as to what is expected at the job.

Advice to Management

Realize that we make you alot of money. Be open more on paydays. Train people to do their job so the really good caregivers don't have to pick up their slack