Home Instead Senior Care - Fulfilling, but can be exhausting. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

"Fulfilling, but can be exhausting."

Current Employee - Caregiver in Martinsburg, WV
Current Employee - Caregiver in Martinsburg, WV

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work for an excellent office staff (Martinsburg, WV), employees are recognized for hard work regularly. They are very accommodating and notice the little things. Never have I worked for a company so connected with its employees, sending cards for every holiday, even a sympathy card after I had to put my fur baby to sleep. These little things mean a lot in this kind of work, and makes you feel like a valued member of this team.

Cons

The downside has nothing to do with the company, but with this line of work in general. I believe it takes a special kind of person to do this work, and it's easy to get burned out if you aren't careful.

Other Employee Reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

"Meh it was alright for the most part"

Former Employee - Caregiver in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Caregiver in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Home Instead Senior Care part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible scheduling
    Nice bunch of people to work with
    you get to decide who you work for

Cons

low pay especially for the work
    low hours barley got 12 a week
    lots of driving all over the area

Advice to Management

try to give people more hours

"Hostile Work Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Home Instead Senior Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clients of this franchise get great care. There are a lot of excellent, dedicated caregivers working here. The company offers paid training, health insurance and dental, and a matching 401K. The office is decent and you are given the tools needed to do the job. Clients of this franchise will get good service.

Cons

Cons: Owner and management of this company treat the caregivers with kid gloves, but office staff is micro-managed. Top management records every mistake employees make, no matter how trivial, and holds it against them. There is daily pressure to reach performance quotas not mentioned in the job description (not for a sales position because sales positions do not exist here). Such pressure forces you to compete with co-workers you would rather work with as a team. There is never any praise for a job well done given by the owner to any of the office staff, at least not that I ever heard. You only get a half hour for lunch.

Advice to Management

Advice to Management: Stop counting every mistake and instead focus only on the truly important ones. The way you do things now, you simply wear people down. Your high-pressure tactics and condescending management style only make employee performance worse. Consider taking some classes or going to seminars on how to successfully motivate employees and keep them happy. Motivated, happy employees perform better.