Home Instead Senior Care - Concerning compensation | Glassdoor

"Concerning compensation"

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the work. BUT working shift pay allows me to benefit from Food Stamps and earning under minimum wage. It is all legal and by the book. I guess next benefit is being part of Obamacare.

Cons

Working 12 hours only paid for 10. There is no pay difference even though it exists in payment made to company. i.e. difference in insurance compensation and Veterans compensation. I realize that as a CNAll my skills are not utilized as such and when the opportunity presents itself HI will be behind me. My clients will be taken care of but I will not assume responsibility as anything more than a babysitter.

Advice to Management

Remember, you get what you pay for. As far as the office I work thru why not at least have a group insurance plan that would let insurance cost be a little bit more affordable as self payer. I don't know if all franchises are the same. Even if it is legal ( the pay and lack of benefits) is there no moral obligation to try to provide some consideration to employees? There is certainly some disconnect between how wonderful the company is to families in the company literature and how the caregivers are compensated.

Other Employee Reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

1. "Working for Home Instead"

Current Employee - Companion/Caregiver
    Current Employee - Companion/Caregiver

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great flexibility since the job is per diem. You can call and take yourself off the schedule when you need to.

Cons

The pay is terrible. I have been there two years, and currently am paid 30 cents over minimum wage. Sometimes there may not be work available for weeks.

Advice to Management

Pay people better.

"Staffing Coordinator"

Current Employee - Staff Coordinator
    Current Employee - Staff Coordinator

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They provide a great service to seniors that want to remain at home and independent.

Cons

I agree with the Chicago posting in 11/2012, if that review had been posted before I accepted the same position in another state, I would not have accepted or even applied for the job. I give that person a lot of credit for lasting more than a year.

Advice to Management

Look at what is really required of this position and make some real changes in the position and salary.