Home Instead Senior Care - Concerning compensation | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Concerning compensation"

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the work. BUT working shift pay allows me to benefit from Food Stamps and earning under minimum wage. It is all legal and by the book. I guess next benefit is being part of Obamacare.

Cons

Working 12 hours only paid for 10. There is no pay difference even though it exists in payment made to company. i.e. difference in insurance compensation and Veterans compensation. I realize that as a CNAll my skills are not utilized as such and when the opportunity presents itself HI will be behind me. My clients will be taken care of but I will not assume responsibility as anything more than a babysitter.

Advice to Management

Remember, you get what you pay for. As far as the office I work thru why not at least have a group insurance plan that would let insurance cost be a little bit more affordable as self payer. I don't know if all franchises are the same. Even if it is legal ( the pay and lack of benefits) is there no moral obligation to try to provide some consideration to employees? There is certainly some disconnect between how wonderful the company is to families in the company literature and how the caregivers are compensated.

Other Employee Reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

"Disorganized, disrespectful of employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

I worked at Home Instead Senior Care part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, meet few families you would like to see on a regular basis

Cons

Phone calls of an insane amount, too much pressure on caregivers, does not listen to the employees, pressuring employees into shifts when employees clearly says their availability and where/with who they want to work

Advice to Management

Do not continue to ignore employees when you are suppose to respect them. Do not pressure people into things they are uncomfortable with. Do not discipline or dismiss employees on unfair, unsafe, disrespectful grounds that have nothing to do with their job expectations but on personal opinion.

2. "A team atmosphere with a lot of praise and rewards for being a team player."

Current Employee - Personal Care Aide in Carson City, NV
    Current Employee - Personal Care Aide in Carson City, NV

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to meet the needs of elderly and their loved ones. A feeling of making a difference. Satisfaction when the clients are happy with a job well done and voice the gratitude.

Cons

A lot of travel and wear and tear on your vehicle. Sometimes the hours are not as many as I would like. The cost of gas cuts into the paycheck.

Advice to Management

Arrange appointments so that the down time is not so far between that it kills off your day. Split shifts are not enough hours to keep good employees around.