HomeAdvisor - Great people, innovative product, strong future | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HomeAdvisor

"Great people, innovative product, strong future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Pros

- The people - I have met only friendly, caring people at ServiceMagic. They are passionate about what they do, they work hard, and they have a great time too. There's not a day that goes by without a good laugh on our team.
- The casual atmosphere - I like being able to get up and put jeans on when I really don't feel like dressing up for work. It's also nice to walk away from my desk and recharge when I just need a quick break from the computer screen.

Cons

- Unless you raise your hand for more responsibility, it's not always recognized that you're ready for more.
- Moving around internally can be hard without the right relationships.

Advice to Management

Work on figuring out more defined career paths - especially for people looking to transition out of the call center into another area of the business.

Other Employee Reviews for HomeAdvisor

"Could be better if company would just market the brand & take care of the service professionals that become members."

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Golden, CO

Pros

Casual atmosphere. Great culture of folks to work with. Management is great. Flexible with time off for family situations. Excellent health benefits & 401. The sales process has deteriorated because the company has failed to brand their name effectively. The post sale experience for the business professional that become members has lacked the customer care.The sales reps have to continually call old accounts that have been filtered thru year after year. The company has very bad reviews on the net so it's more difficult to overcome to make the sale. Commission structure changes like the weather. Too much favoritism.

Cons

Incoming leads need to be filtered. SM plays favorite to sales reps. Everyone should be getting the same quality of leads & they don't.

Advice to Management

Take notice of your sales people that want to become managers. You pass up people that are qualified & give it to someone that has no people skills or coaching skills. Do what you said you would do when you hired this bigwig to market for SM. We don't see much branding like SM's competitors.

"Employee-centric Company with great opportunities"

Current Employee - Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

ServiceMagic is an excellent employer that cares about its employees. I have never worked for a company that has the amount of growth and career advancement opportunities that ServiceMagic provides. It is a fun, relaxed atmosphere, and employees are given freedoms that you don't see in other call centers. We work hard, but we also play hard. Benefits start the first of the month after you start, and with a guaranteed hourly salary, the company cares about your success. The work/life balance is better than any other company in Denver.

Cons

To be successful here, you need to be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.