HomeAdvisor - Meatgrinder environment with extremely high turnover and boiler room management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HomeAdvisor

"Meatgrinder environment with extremely high turnover and boiler room management"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Golden, CO
Former Employee - Inside Sales in Golden, CO

Pros

If you like free sodas, they have them here.

Cons

"Inside Sales" employees are put into tiny cubicles that resemble dog kennels, and make calls to hundreds of small business owners every day. Everyone is subjected to horrifying morning GlennGarry GlennRoss meetings. You literally show up, cram yourself into your tiny little cubicle, and make calls to strangers all day about leads. I've never seen so many miserable people in my life.

Advice to Management

Kill the condescending morning meetings and be up-front about the amount of compensation that is truly attainable ($35K) to prospective employees.

Other Employee Reviews for HomeAdvisor

1. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time

Pros

I have worked here for over a year and have nothing but good things to say about the job. You have the opportunity to make real good money here. Great atmosphere. Free lunch and dinner. Also free booze.

Cons

It is sales so it has it's ups and down.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. You guys care about your reps and it is appreciated.

HomeAdvisor Response

Jun 29, 2017 – HomeAdvisor Team Member

Thanks for this review. I am glad you enjoy the atmosphere and perks at our office, we do our best to make sure our employees stay happy and productive. I know sales can be a grind, if you ever want... More

2. "I found what I was looking for in HomeAdvisor!"

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am so exciting to be a part of such an innovative and forward-thinking technology based organization that puts its employees first. I enjoy witnessing the drive, enthusiasm and pride that our leadership and employees bring every day and the overall balance that HomeAdvisor’s work hard/play hard culture brings. I am encouraged by the successes they organization has already achieved, and look forward to being part of our future successes. If you are looking to be a part of a company that truly appreciates you and your hard work, provides a fun, upbeat and challenging environment, then you may want to check HomeAdvisor out!

Cons

If you are someone that cannot embrace change (we are always looking enhance what we do) or an environment that is filled with music and excitement this may not be the org for you.

Advice to Management

Be certain to communicate and connect the dots for your employees so that we all understand the reason /purpose behind what we do and how it impacts our success and the success of the organization.
    Continue to appreciate and invest in your employees and we will have the perfect balance that makes HomeAdvisor such a great place to work.

HomeAdvisor Response

Jun 29, 2017 – HomeAdvisor Team Member

Wow, thank you so much for such a thorough review. You are absolutely right about the importance of embracing change during this period of rapid growth for the company. Thanks so much for your... More