HomeScript Pharmacy - Hostile, Underpaying Work Environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HomeScript Pharmacy

"Hostile, Underpaying Work Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The service offered to patients is great and a benefit to the community, especially the financially disadvantaged and physically disabled (at least in theory, it is not executed very well).
-When you're on the bottom rung and not privy to the activities of upper management, its actually a pretty good job. Everyone on the entry level in our team is actually quite friendly and helpful.
-A nice change from the frantic day-to-day of retail pharmacy.

Cons

-Upper management is completely out of touch. All business decisions are made not based on talking to employees or studying their behaviors, but by looking at a number on a page. Numbers that have been proven as fundamentally flawed, but any evidence shown to prove the inaccuracies is brushed off as an "excuse" to not make them more money.

-Even the pharmacist gets pushed aside like his decades of experience aren't worth diddly.

-They don't trust their employees; multiple decisions have been made that don't increase productivity, they exist solely to watch us like vultures.

-While us entry-level employees aren't privy to all the financial details, there is evidence that they have lied about the growth of the business to avoid having to give people raises... raises which would bring them up to the Chicago average, instead of well below it where they are now.

-The department I work in has gone three months without a manager, because everyone in middle management gets lambasted for the most trivial things.

Advice to Management

A good leader should be able to sit down at an employee's desk, pick up a task, and understand what needs to be done and how to do it. The CEO, CFO, and owner all wouldn't have a single idea what to do if they sat down at our desks and were expected to do our jobs. How can you lead a team and tell them what to do, if you don't even know what it is they do? We get that you're a businessperson, no one expects you to know clinical work, but I could ask any practical question and get blank stares. The great majority of the problems that upper management has caused would be solved if they actually understood what it led to at the day-to-day production level.

Other Employee Reviews for HomeScript Pharmacy

"Too much work for too little pay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most employees are in the late 20s or early 30s which is nice for socializing. Middle management is usually easy to deal with and on the side of the employees. The high deductible health care plan is decent.

Cons

Hours can vary depending on volume of workload. Everyone almost always works overtime, but only nonsalaried positions get compensated for it. Starting salary is between $20,000 and $22,000. Upper management is out of touch and hostile. The turnover rate is somewhere around 100% - 200%.

Advice to Management

Stop firing so many people. Also, give incentives to work harder rather than threats. And if it's not broken, don't fix it.

2. "Former employee"

Pros

Good hours and co-workers, good location.

Cons

Management is not in tune with what the workers are doing.