HomeScript Pharmacy - Fun company, hard working team | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HomeScript Pharmacy

"Fun company, hard working team"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people. The team works really hard at providing the best customer service possible. The management team sets a high standard.

Cons

Long hours at times, but that's the norm in the industry. Turnover, but that's expected in the industry. Especially in customer service.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees. Try bring more patient and invest more in them.

Other Employee Reviews for HomeScript Pharmacy

"Great place to work if you have No Dreams or Aspirations"

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At the end of the day the only positive aspect of this place are the services offered to patients. Co-workers are also very helpful and friendly.

Cons

Since I started working here the Owner and CFO have been completely responsible for destroying company morale and trust. Any opposition to these two is met with hostility and/or termination.

The turnover rate is high and workers in sweatshops get more respect than employees do here.

Pay raises are non-existent, no matter how well you perform, and you'll be lucky to get minimum wage.

Advice to Management

The only honorable thing to do at this point is spare employees the humility and just close this business for good. It's a disgrace to this Country that a company can be run like this while treating employees in such a disposable manner that proves the American Dream is Dead...

"Hostile, Underpaying Work Environment"

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The service offered to patients is great and a benefit to the community, especially the financially disadvantaged and physically disabled (at least in theory, it is not executed very well).
    -When you're on the bottom rung and not privy to the activities of upper management, its actually a pretty good job. Everyone on the entry level in our team is actually quite friendly and helpful.
    -A nice change from the frantic day-to-day of retail pharmacy.

Cons

-Upper management is completely out of touch. All business decisions are made not based on talking to employees or studying their behaviors, but by looking at a number on a page. Numbers that have been proven as fundamentally flawed, but any evidence shown to prove the inaccuracies is brushed off as an "excuse" to not make them more money.

-Even the pharmacist gets pushed aside like his decades of experience aren't worth diddly.

-They don't trust their employees; multiple decisions have been made that don't increase productivity, they exist solely to watch us like vultures.

-While us entry-level employees aren't privy to all the financial details, there is evidence that they have lied about the growth of the business to avoid having to give people raises... raises which would bring them up to the Chicago average, instead of well below it where they are now.

-The department I work in has gone three months without a manager, because everyone in middle management gets lambasted for the most trivial things.

Advice to Management

A good leader should be able to sit down at an employee's desk, pick up a task, and understand what needs to be done and how to do it. The CEO, CFO, and owner all wouldn't have a single idea what to do if they sat down at our desks and were expected to do our jobs. How can you lead a team and tell them what to do, if you don't even know what it is they do? We get that you're a businessperson, no one expects you to know clinical work, but I could ask any practical question and get blank stares. The great majority of the problems that upper management has caused would be solved if they actually understood what it led to at the day-to-day production level.