Homebase Limited - Fun Place to work | Glassdoor

"Fun Place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Nottingham, England (UK)
Former Employee - Customer Service in Nottingham, England (UK)

I worked at Homebase Limited part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Given decent responsibility if you want it. Was able to make some good career progress from working there.

Cons

Low hour contracts mean that being able to get consistent working can be a challenge. Got a lot of overtime some weeks and none the next.

Advice to Management

Start hiring on better hour contracts!

Other Employee Reviews for Homebase Limited

1. "Flexible hours, friendly colleagues and education in DIY!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Chatham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Chatham, England (UK)

I have been working at Homebase Limited part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a good place to work because the hours are always really flexible, with managers accommodating your personal commitments where and when they can. The jobs you are required to carry out are easy to pick up and you are always well supported and encouraged in your role.

Cons

Some of the challenges of working in Homebase are dealing with potentially difficult and abusive customers, dealing with the stress of big event weekends and high season in store.

Advice to Management

Try to provide slightly more access to learning and opportunity for colleagues to learn new skills and enhance their roles.

2. "Sometimes fun, mostly made it up as I went along"

Former Employee - Front End Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Front End Assistant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Homebase Limited part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good range of daily tasks, good for young people who want to work part time, good for learning people skills seeing as there's such a wide customer base

Cons

Lack of training, lack of management involvement, lack of budget for enough staff to run the place. Most things I taught myself. I was never really taught any DIY knowledge which I could pass onto customers. Also, fellow customer service and shopfloor staff would sometimes seem to get away with doing the bare minimum, and ignore my calls for help when serving customers.

Advice to Management

Train your staff better and provide them with knowledge about the products! Make huddles available to all staff, including checkouts and info desk. The HR department is shocking, i am still owed £100 from before I left, but they have done nothing to look into the issue.