Hometown America - I feel like a valuable contributor to my community, region and the company. Wonderful experience. | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"I feel like a valuable contributor to my community, region and the company. Wonderful experience."

Current Employee - Community Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Community Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hometown America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture, leadership and collaboration are phenomenal. I receive support and know that I have a group of people willing to work with me to take care of our residents and community. I know that my contributions are appreciated. It’s been a great experience.

Cons

We are spread out so it can be difficult to network with colleagues. I would like more opportunities to get together with others in the region or even nationally.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"A company who really cares and invests in there employees!!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Antioch, CA
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Antioch, CA

I have been working at Hometown America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I must say that after having had a success career in multi-family housing, I had no clue whatsoever that I would literally fall in love with the manufacturer home industry. Since I’ve been employed by Hometown America, the company has been extremely supportive (from Executive Management to Regional Property Management and their assistants) and have shown that they really invest in their hardworking and devoted employees. They allow their Community Managers the opportunity to actually manage and take charge of their assets without micromanaging. As with any seasoned and loyal Community Manager, very seldom do you find this with other management companies but with Hometown America you are in charge of your communities and the company definitely rewards their employees for their dedication and hard work. I fit in with this organization and I’m so glad that I’ve been welcomed into the Hometown America family.

Cons

Because the company is growing and they are recruiting professionals with multi-family experience and bringing on board employees who have worked for larger management companies, I think that the company may want to consider developing and implementing company wide procedural manuals that would walk all of their employees through steps on how to effectively perform functions pertaining to each individual role. In doing so, this allows employees to have tools and resources available to make them more efficient and comfortable with there roles with the company which in returns creates more productivity and profits for the organization.

I’m so happy to see the growth of this company and how we are trending into becoming the most sought after and desired manufacturer home company to work for. In saying so, I think that it is time to update our company website. We are standing out more and are attracting the right people into our organization. With a fresh and trendy website, it would put our organization on the map more as it relates to gaining more credibility and targeting a much wider audience which keeps customers and team members more informed.

Advice to Management

Please don’t ever stop investing in your employees. I believe that the success and reputation of this company has been built around it along with operational excellence and respect.

Hometown America Response

May 23, 2018 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for taking the time in providing this great review and feedback. We appreciate employee suggestions and are in the process of updating our training manual. If you have additional... More

2. "Outstanding Company"

I have been working at Hometown America full-time

Pros

This is a company that truly cares about their employees. Benefits are great, pay is great...I cannot say enough!

Cons

No cons to speak of.

Discover more reviews about Hometown America.