Honda Aircraft Company - Interesting place | Glassdoor

"Interesting place"

I have been working at Honda Aircraft Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, good people, great product

Cons

cold culture, no promotion track

Advice to Management

focus more on the people and less on the schedule and then schedule issues will resolve themselves

Other Employee Reviews for Honda Aircraft Company

1. "If you believe the trash talk, you may be part of the trash"

Current Employee - Aircraft Structures Mechanic in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Aircraft Structures Mechanic in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Honda Aircraft Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Safe work environment, good clean work environment, friendly work atmosphere, hardworking pays off, PLENTY of room for advancement

Cons

A lot of hours for pay! Cold AC! Floor is so clean it's slippery! Long wait list for people who order planes! Excellent benefits that are probably 2nd to none once you get converted to an associate! Work-life is not as life altering as you read from other people. More OT than not is volunteer! Senior Management could use some changes, however, we are building planes and delivering planes to new customers! Just because the Senior Management doesn't run this Company like the hourly employees tell them too, that doesn't mean that we're heading for Bankruptcy! Although Honda has been around for most of our lifetime, Honda Aircraft Company has not! We are a New company that is experiencing growing pains! And most of the hourly employees have never had any experience with any type of management that would make them understand what we're going through. You may read this and think I must be in Management! Well, I'm not! I'm an hourly employee that owned a company for 22 years and I've been through the growing pains. I do love my job there. I work hard everyday and I try to make a difference by trying to make Honda Better. Most are not and Management knows who is and isn't there for the betterment of the Company. You say, I'm not there for Honda, I'm there for myself! If your employed there and you receive a paycheck for your work that YOU AGREED TO, then you should better be there there for the betterment of the company, or we don't want you!!!!

Advice to Management

Lean more on the people actually doing the work and Just as new hires are told "leave your Egos at the door"

"A good start."

Current Employee - Structural Analysis Engineer in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Structural Analysis Engineer in Greensboro, NC

Pros

Small company
    Very flat corporate structure (for this business unit)
    New company, which means the rules have yet to be written
    Greensboro is a great place to live

Cons

Management can be overly cautious
    Very austere workspace
    Little movement in engineering management means little room to advance
    Few other aviation companies in the area, so leaving means moving

Advice to Management

Diversify your product portfolio. Add some more amenities to the campus to make the necessarily mundane work more tolerable. Get rid of those who cause problems.