Honda of America Mfg. - Great benefits but not much of a rewarding career... I would say and "organized chaos" | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Honda of America Mfg.

"Great benefits but not much of a rewarding career... I would say and "organized chaos""

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Marysville, OH
Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Marysville, OH

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Excellent benefits and pension
-Great people
-That's about it

Cons

-Not very innovative
-Very conservative
-Want to solve complex problems with basic knowledge
-Poor communication between American and Japanese staff
-No much flexibility on schedule
-Promotions are a joke, and pay increase is based on the overtime worked and not on the quality or efficiency of work.
-Reviews system is a joke.
-Do not value additional or higher education
-Wrong people in high or leadership positions
-Do not look forward to continue getting promoted

Advice to Management

Despite the fact that everyone wears the same uniform, it seems to me that the Japanese and American staff do not work together on same plan. Need to improve that.

Other Employee Reviews for Honda of America Mfg.

"26 Years For What??"

Current Employee - Engineering Coordinator in East Liberty, OH
    Current Employee - Engineering Coordinator in East Liberty, OH

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits (if your allowed to use them or not cheated out of them)
    Yearly Bonus
    Other than money there are no Pros.

Cons

Managers are more like prison wardens. "Respect for the individual" is no longer used except in the company's vision statement!

Currently the company is doing everything possible to eliminate those getting close to retirement!
    Seniority counts for nothing and experience is not considered. Job assignments and shift preference are not given out on time of service or experience; it’s not what you know it’s who you know.
    Promotions and favored positions are given only to the “Good Ole Boys” using the tight buddy system.

Evaluations are a joke, they are not used to improve performance or praise good performance; but used as a tool to cover managements short comings at your expense.

HR and CC are of no use to anyone. The open door policy, means if you don’t like it; there is the front door, don’t let it hit you on the way out.

In-house product quality is poor due to inconsistency of training, fatigued workers and outdated/poorly maintenanced equipment.

Honda is a good name to have on your resume but don’t waste your life here. The Honda family as it was once known, no longer exist, you will pay with your mind and body if not your life.

Advice to Management

Get off your ass "Go to the Spot", share in the associates "3 Joys"!

Quit shooting down your people just because they know more than you! Take the time to walk in their shoes if only for a few minutes!

Jumping in and helping a line associate will go a long way in improving your image!

This is the worst management I've ever seen in my entire career at Honda! Rude, obnoxious, with a holier than thou attitude.

"H of A"

Current Contractor - Assembly Associate in Marysville, OH
    Current Contractor - Assembly Associate in Marysville, OH

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg. as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Meeting new people. Monthly bonus pay for attendance, pay increase for time put in. Full benefits package.

Cons

You have to get your body ready for the workload your about to endure. For the first 4-6 wks its going to be hell on your body, from bruises to your hands/fingers and wrist hurting. I work at honda through a temp agency and you get 2 call offs and 3 emergency days (BS, yea I know). Its a 2yr temp/hire position and there's no guarantee that you will get hired, there are people who have worked 7-10 yrs as a temp (Yea BS, i know). Not family friendly at all, obviously because of the #of days you can call off. An being a single parent can be challenging working at honda because things come up and you need for your employer to understand. Lets not talk abo how many days full time associates get off ugh!......Lets just say, I have been with Honda through Adecco for 7 months now and I am currently looking for new permanent opportunities. An unless you have 2 yrs of experience already in manufacturing the pay isnt that great at first. Your pay raise is increased by the # of hours worked.

About every full time associate that I've talked to all say that if they could quit right now they would, they hate their job. I dont blame them!!! Also, some full timers dont like to see temps treated equally as them, it becomes a problem in some areas, not all areas of the plant are like that.

If your working first shift and possibly got hired on, you automatically get bumped to B shift which is 2nd. From what I was told you stay on B shift FOREVER, before they even consider bumping you back to first, which is all based off your clock# whether or not you get put on for first shift.

Advice to Management

Give temps a fair chance, just like the full time associates. Paid Vacation days should be rewarded by either the hours or months in.....like..... 7 vacation days 3 call ins and 5 emergency days. Eligible for vacation days after completing 6 or 7 months with required hours included.