Honeywell - A work-life balance company with solid records | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

"A work-life balance company with solid records"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good hours (8:30 to 5) with shuttles that take you all over the city. Free lunch provided (and dinner, if you stay later). People are generally very nice and willing to help you out. There are lots of internal opportunities (one can search online) and employees can apply for internal transfer after every 18-24 months and get salary increase accordingly. Great products, we recently won a deal and the customer posted on the Chinese twitter that we were the highest bidder but they loved our product too much that they ended up picking us anyway.

Cons

The matrix organization leads to slow decisions and endless night calls. As a result, in some of the short-cycle industries, Honeywell faces stiff challenges against local competitors. Moreover, since Honeywell essentially operates as 11 separate SBUs, managers hold tight grips over their employees, which make it much easier for employees to look outside of company versus inside.

The facility department is probably the worst that I have seen, one usually does not get any response from them on 1st or 2nd try and when they respond, you wonder if you would be better off on your own. For instance, Honeywell went through building renovations at different sites recently and the offices are populated with smells and unknown particles that make employees dizzy. When reported to the facility, we were told that it met local requirements (which, like official figures, are not reliable). Our colleagues used Honeywell sensors to test the air and it showed up as hazardous to human health (the engineers much be excited, another real life experiment ends up in success). When we pressed Facility again, we ended up getting a small box/bag of wood pebbles for our desk and a plate of pine apples in each elevator to "clean up" our air. Another situation happened recently when a major typhoon hit Shanghai. We got an e-mail in the middle of the day on "what to bring on a typhoon day before you leave home" ( a little late?) and the shuttles were arranged to evacuate the employees at 3PM without letting anyone know. We got an e-mail afterward with an attempt to change the date to appear as if Facility "did" communicate to us on the arrangement. It didn't work though, as the author forgot to change the time and it showed up as sent out at 3:05PM. If the author of Dilbert is to ever run out of materials, he can trust our facility department for 10 years supply of materials.

Advice to Management

Localize organizations that require quick responses, not everyone needs to get involved in every little details and we should spend time on responding to customer needs rather than in meetings explaining the same situation over and over again. And yes, pay more and hire better people to replace geniuses at facility department, employees will thank you for it.

Other Employee Reviews for Honeywell

1. "Good Place to work"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Have a very good work environment, professional relationship with colleagues

Cons

Found the growth to be very slow and normal and not so fast pacing environment

2. "great company"

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

product based
    good opportunities
    great technical work

Cons

low on additional benefits
    technical path for senior