Honeywell - Good ride while it lasted | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

"Good ride while it lasted"

Former Employee - Manager, Business Process Architect in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Manager, Business Process Architect in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Talented people, strong executive leadership, financially stable, well positioned products and services, key global supplier to commercial and military
Outplacement service (Right Management) does a good job supporting post severance needs.

Cons

Don't expect to retire from Honeywell.
If you are in a "terminal" location like I was the downsizing is pretty relentless. If you are in a growth location there is plenty of opportunity.
Exit process is cold and isolating.

Advice to Management

There are two key aspects of making a sale ... how you open and how you close. I'd find a better way to close out someone's career than a tap on the shoulder and a walk to the parking lot without talking to anyone.

Other Employee Reviews for Honeywell

"Little training, lackluster benefits, and a company culture that's too focused on corporate baloney create a fatal mix."

Current Employee - Systems Engineer I in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer I in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Average pay, flexible hours (core hours of 10am-3pm M-F, otherwise just make 40 hours a week and you're good), good work/life balance.

Cons

Unpaid overtime (get paid hourly up to 40 and no other pay, even if mandatory overtime assigned), horrible health insurance (my insurance as a student was better - and I paid less for it), too much process and too little engineering, little to no training, takes way too long to move up the hierarchy, raises are minuscule, workplace is super depressing, no social events for employees (except when an employee leaves, oddly enough).

Advice to Management

Don't take your talent for granted. Work to increase social events for employees. Need to energize your work base; employees are consistently depressed, which hampers productivity. TRAINING!! I've been working in my group for 8 months and the documentation and training is so horrible I still don't know anything about the system.

Hire technical writers. Let engineers actually engineer. I didn't study hard for four years to fix commas and capitalize sentences.

2. "Overall a good experience."

Current Employee - Program Manager in Independence, OH
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Independence, OH

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are comparable, work life balance acceptable.

Cons

Management is out of touch with employees.