Honeywell - Good and bad | Glassdoor

"Good and bad"

Current Employee - Engineer III in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Engineer III in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Get to work remotely.
Good IT support.
Cool Product line. Airplane Engines to almost everything else on an airplane.
Flexible hours.
Pretty good benefits.
Very Good starting pay.
Lots of weekly and online training.
Very nice, easy going boss and co-workers.
A lot of very long term employees.
Did not lay off people in 2008-2010 time frame. Just reduced pay and hours worked.
Interesting work and able to get stuff done.
Lots and lots of new programs and software. Constant improvement.
Can get help with a project when I need it without being made to feel bad.
Lots of communication from executives. Good town hall meetings and website and emails.
Nice Hometown Charity fund.

Cons

Only two weeks vacation for very senior engineers coming in new. Can not negotiate.
No Bonus at all available for senior engineers.
401k Match not until after one year. And not a good match at that.
Health Insurance is a high deductible plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA) option.
$3000 Deductible for families.
Honeywell gives you the 1st $1000 in HSA.
Health Insurance is VERY expensive for a High Deductible Plan. 5X more than other employers I have had for the same coverage.
With 130,000 employees, you would think they could get a better price on Health Insurance.
Terrible additional Life Insurance program. Never an open enrollment if you don't sign up on hire. I have never seen that at any other company.
Small Raises in 2012
NO RAISES IN 2013. While executives are expected to get HUGE bonuses. And company did fantastic in 2012. This is killing morale.

Advice to Management

Share some of the wealth. Bonuses for everyone. Lower the cost of health insurance, as I can't believe it cost that much. Just give annual raises. Stop calling it a Merit increase. Get rid of employee appraisal system, it is insulting and a HUGE waste of your employees and managers time.

Other Employee Reviews for Honeywell

"Leave now."

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None. except for people I work with.

Cons

terrible pay raises along with no paid overtime. Health insurance keeps getting worse. I stopped paying for HW health benefits. no training in many years that I have been here. Learn as you go.

Advice to Management

Start paying employees for their job, stop overcharging for health care benefits, better wake up before people leave you.

"They Don't Care about YOU""

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The mentality of "it's somebody else's fault" and "CYA" is in full effect here.

Cons

Leadership has no common sense. They're MRR process is silly and is only beneficial for about 0%. They litterally don't care about their employees. Compensation policy is underbid the market and don't give raises or promotions. You have to LEAVE and come back to be promoted. Succession is a joke, and there's so much finger pointing it's comical. Finally (and there's plenty more) Leadership (Sr Dir and above) only worry about their salaries and who to blame.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending to lead and LEAD. The operating system is maniuplated into something disgusting and is only used to make sure certain people look good or look bad depending on who is doing the judging. Adjust compensation, DON'T BE CHEAP and stop with the beaurcratic KRAP. .