Honeywell - Great! | Glassdoor

"Great!"

Pros

Growth. Flexibility. Lots of perks.

Cons

None I can think of

Other Employee Reviews for Honeywell

"Long career which in the end sputtered out"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

At first, had lots of good assignments and growth opportunities, with each new role, salary increased. Good training opportunities if sought out, often will not be provided, but this is getting better.

Cons

Annual increases are pathetic to nonexistent, no life/work balance. Very demanding work environment, with long hours, not uncommon to work 60+ hours.

Culture varies between different business segments and locations. Division headquarter locations are much better environments.

Employees that move on to new roles are difficult to replace, often for months and months, and often cannot be replaced, causing a great deal of employee dissatisfaction.

Advice to Management

Get ahead of your employee engagement issue. The economy is heating back up and people are checking out. Your haven't given raises in years and your employees are looking elsewhere.

"This company CAN do better. And it needs to do better for its employees."

I have been working at Honeywell part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working hard will get you the chance to interview for positions. My location has good management. Coworkers are nice and make the job enjoyable.

Cons

Promotions are not given out - you have to interview for all positions. What if someone is truly deserving of being promoted? Seems like you can't get that promotion. Healthcare plan is atrocious - I will be paying over $5,000 for my health insurance once I factor in my $4,000 deductible and my monthly premium. Too many people in management positions, very, very management heavy. Do you really need to have six layers of management within the same building? Cut out three of those managers, you don't need them. Human resources refuses to answer questions for people, constantly refers employees to outsourced contractors who aren't knowledgeable on policy, and therefore aren't able to help. No empowerment of employees to make decisions to help the business.

Advice to Management

Start eliminating some of the "middle management" people. You don't need so many managers. I hear buzzwords like 'lean' but the organization is so thick and heavy with managers who don't add value to the company... those middle managers actually mask a lot of problems. Make sure that you have enough production employees to get work done, and pay those production employees well and give them good benefits - without them, you don't have a business. Pay employees for good ideas, there are employees who have billion dollar ideas and could save the company millions annually, but they aren't going to share those ideas with management because what incentive is there for them to do so? Basically, treat your employees well, because if your employees are happy, everyone wins.