Honeywell - Used to be a great place to work until the Allied "merger" | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

"Used to be a great place to work until the Allied "merger""

Current Employee - Software Engineer
Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great team members to work with, smart, care about their work, helpful, hard working, etc. I always learn things from my coworkers no matter how many years I have been here.

Cons

Lots of pressure to outsource, increased expectations of employees with little or no raises, promotions or awards, tough performance reviews, demoralized environment, increasing attrition rates.

Advice to Management

Please show your employees they are valuable through awards, promotions, retention efforts, etc.

Other Employee Reviews for Honeywell

"Life at Honeywell"

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fairly good job security. Average salary.

Cons

Ice cold work culture. Focus on profit only. Strong sense of entitlement among management.Very little opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Need to understand people make the company and be more more sensitive to suppliers and customers. Less micromanagement and more empowerment for plant management

"Grew up in the company from my 20s to my 50s"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Really great products made by some of the most talented people in the world. Diverse workforce, diverse locations, and a diverse portfolio of products and services allowing a rich career experience and oppotunity to build a unique skill mix.

Cons

forced ranking. Takes too long to get poor performers with slick personalities out. They almost always do get let go but only after their true performance is revealed.

Advice to Management

Stop forced ranking. Stop allowing people who can spew the list of current buzz words but produce no real value to stay in leadership positions. Increase cross divisional budget sharing vs competing the businesses against each other.