Honeywell - A Great Growth Story Of Last Decade | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

"A Great Growth Story Of Last Decade"

Former Employee - Director of Sales in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Director of Sales in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Senior management with consistency over time, great acumen for acquisitions, good focus on getting company positioned into markets with growth potential.

Just look at the stock price over last ten years, in good economies and bad ones, and you'll see the values and processes they put in place have worked.

Cons

Sometimes overly centrally controlled, often overly rigorous performance management system that does account for market reality.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus, ensure you keep the people that make the business run. Account for work-life balance with younger employees as a way of keeping them.

Other Employee Reviews for Honeywell

"Big company with the advantages and disadvantages to match."

Current Employee - Lead Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Lead Systems Engineer

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Autonomous working gives the workers the freedom to carry out their job and not be held back.

Cons

Low compensation and salary doesn't attract new and fresh people. left unchecked this will leave the company playing catch-up to its rivals.

Advice to Management

Pay more to attract the employee the company deserves

"Mixed Thoughts"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Honeywell FM&T has great work/life balance, and most employees/managers are very nice to work with/for. Pay levels are excellent. The new building is quite nice. The National Security focus is a great motivator to know that products for some aspects of the business are benefiting our soldiers and the defense of our country.

Cons

In the words of one of the managers, "HR rules the world." The HR department is one of the worst I have ever worked with. The 9-Block rating system instills distrust (and disgust in most instances) amongst peers (read previous reviews). Unless you're well connected, promotions can be difficult to get.

With the introduction of the "9-block" and increased Corporate influence, the culture has morphed over the past 10 years from a family-oriented, enjoyable working environment to a more watch-your-back mentality. It's sad to have witnessed this transformation at the hands of Corporate greed. It used to be such a great company to work for.

Advice to Management

I don't think any advice would work, because FM&T processes that have lead to this transformation are Corporate governed, and I don't see Corporate's policies changing any time in the near future, unless Corporate leadership changes.