Honeywell - Great company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large dynamic company with locations world wide

Cons

Sometimes projects continue to make the same mistakes in the development process. Lessons learned are not very effective.

Other Employee Reviews for Honeywell

"Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The job is stable as long as one reports meeting milestones in a progressive way. Reporting and process outweigh innovation. Much of the work is based on legacy work that probably should be deleted.

Cons

Not the environment to be in for innovation because much of the developed is baselined on legacy projects. One inherits technology completed 20 years ago and attempts to refine and enhance. There is no real tool evaluation and/or training. If you want to use the latest and best tools, Honeywell is definitely not the place for this.

Advice to Management

Have the courage to quite and join an innovate company.

"Mixed Thoughts"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Honeywell FM&T has great work/life balance, and most employees/managers are very nice to work with/for. Pay levels are excellent. The new building is quite nice. The National Security focus is a great motivator to know that products for some aspects of the business are benefiting our soldiers and the defense of our country.

Cons

In the words of one of the managers, "HR rules the world." The HR department is one of the worst I have ever worked with. The 9-Block rating system instills distrust (and disgust in most instances) amongst peers (read previous reviews). Unless you're well connected, promotions can be difficult to get.

With the introduction of the "9-block" and increased Corporate influence, the culture has morphed over the past 10 years from a family-oriented, enjoyable working environment to a more watch-your-back mentality. It's sad to have witnessed this transformation at the hands of Corporate greed. It used to be such a great company to work for.

Advice to Management

I don't think any advice would work, because FM&T processes that have lead to this transformation are Corporate governed, and I don't see Corporate's policies changing any time in the near future, unless Corporate leadership changes.