Honeywell - Fast paced environment that will test you daily | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

"Fast paced environment that will test you daily"

Former Employee - Integrated Supply Chain Supervisor in Anniston, AL
Former Employee - Integrated Supply Chain Supervisor in Anniston, AL

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fellow supervisors and hourly employees care greatly about what they do and where the company is going

Cons

Divide between Leadership Team and Supervisor Team at my location while I was there. Lack of trust flowing both ways.

Advice to Management

When it comes to HOS listen to the employees. They do the job every day. Saw instances of Team meetings only as a formality and Leadership Team doing what they wanted without following back with original team members.

Other Employee Reviews for Honeywell

"Inept management. Rewards performance based on time with the company, not a job well done."

Former Employee - Senion Assembly Tech in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Senion Assembly Tech in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. I would not send my worst enemy there to work (Clearwater, Florida)

Cons

Inept management, no raises for manufacturing while upper management gets huge bonuses, poor benefits, favoritism, attention to the wrong things, useless morning meetings, blatant lying to keep people onboard, very short lunch period with no cafeteria for some buildings (You have to walk 10 minutes each way, then have about 5 minutes to inhale food as you have to get back to your work station to clock back in.)

Advice to Management

Manage!!!

2. "Good development experience/resume builder, not for the long haul"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Honeywell (specifically FM&T in Kansas City, MO) has been a great development opportunity. Due to high turnover, they generally give early career engineers more responsibilities than industry average. After a few years as a solid performer you should have some pretty good experience for the resume.

Corporate Honeywell brings both positives and negatives to the table, with an end result of a neutral. Functionally, it's a great company with a strong stock. However, the employee policies are generally pretty terrible and the benefits are average.

Cons

There is basically no long term option. At best, as a top 20% performer, you can grow your career like the average employee outside. If you are in the middle 70%, you can basically forget getting raises higher than inflation. As a government contractor, they are constantly compressing salaries to be competitive for renewing the contract. The bottom 10% get reviewed yearly and put on a plan with which 50% are let go. I've been told the general breakdown is consistent across Honeywell (and other companies like GE), but our raises are significantly lower.

Advice to Management

Get rid of stinkers in your 1st/2nd level management faster. There are people who have been in 1st and 2nd level positions for years that have not developed their groups at all. Generally, upper level management at this facility is excellent.