Honeywell - I enjoyed my days at Honeywell | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

"I enjoyed my days at Honeywell"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Over all very attractive place to work. Everyone very kind in the office, family like. We understood our product and did a great job with engineering, We made the revenue, our small group of 35 employees. We felt valued like we were making a difference.

Cons

Higher management out of touch with our overall contribution to the company. Took the easy way of sending our jobs and technology overseas. This is a time when the US needs to hold on to the jobs that are producing, products are being designed and bringing revenue to the bottom line.

Advice to Management

Stop sending US jobs and our technology to other countries

Other Employee Reviews for Honeywell

"Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Lots of control of our own work

Cons

No vision provided by leadership.

Advice to Management

Value your people in a way that makes them feel valued. This will empower them to take care of our customers vs. today where leadership is cheap.

"Diversified multinational that provides challenging & interesting work, shareholder focus drives behaviors."

Current Employee - Director in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Torrance, CA

Pros

Numerous growth opportunities. Excellent training ground. World class employees. Ability to move between industries and stay with one company. Dynamic business environment with regular change to shed the dead wood.

Cons

Employees sometimes sacrificed to please shareholder demands. Globalization rules the day in recent years. Short term success focus often at the expense of long term success. Sink or swim culture where some good people end up drowning if too ambitious.

Advice to Management

Strategic plans should extend beyond 5 yrs. Skills and knowledge need to be valued more than absolute quantity of heads in a given region.