HonorSociety.org - Great career opportunity. Inspiring place to work and very motivating to help make a difference. | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great career opportunity. Inspiring place to work and very motivating to help make a difference."

Current Employee - Member Services Coordinator in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Member Services Coordinator in Washington, DC

I have been working at HonorSociety.org part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm very fortunate to being doing something I really enjoy, and that's the main pro of HonorSociety.org for me. Helping people succeed and build a future as my profession is very rewarding. The culture of HonorSociety.org is very upbeat and positive, and people really believe in what they are doing here.

Cons

The biggest challenge is managing work-life balance. It's hard to completely leave your work at the office because there is so much to do and so many tangible ways to make a difference.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to consider adding more benefits for employees and, if possible, more company social events.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Always something new"

Current Employee - SEO/SEM/Email Marketing in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - SEO/SEM/Email Marketing in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at HonorSociety.org full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The experience I've had with HonorSociety.org is a lot different than what I first expected. I suppose I expected things to be a lot more bureaucratic than it really is. This organization is really fast moving and really focused on producing results. Everyone on the team is expected to make an impact. One of the best parts is knowing you're making an impact on member's lives and representing a truly iconic brand.

Cons

The biggest drawback to being expected to make an impact is the pressure to not let yourself or the team down. If you are good with setting expectations and reaching or exceeding them you will thrive here, but the reality is that many people don't truly want to be empowered so granularly.

Advice to Management

Invest more time in training and development. The vision is strong, but it always helps to build structure and guidelines for your teams upfront. It's tough but worth it.

2. "SEO/SEM/ Email Marketing"

I worked at HonorSociety.org part-time

Pros

Job was remote majority of the time but that was the only pro.

Cons

Incompetent and impatient management that thinks they know what to do better than you do regardless of your stellar credentials. They are not flexible or understanding with your methods and want you to follow methods that won't give you better results. Huge egos don't go well in business. Also forget about explaining yourself when you make a mistake, it's the same as talking to a brick wall. It's also for profit, making this Honor Society's integrity questionable.

Advice to Management

Don't fire people for doing their job and have more patience. Rome wasn't built in a day. Also, get rid of your huge ego.

Discover more reviews about HonorSociety.org.