HonorSociety.org - Great career opportunity. Inspiring place to work and very motivating to help make a difference. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HonorSociety.org

"Great career opportunity. Inspiring place to work and very motivating to help make a difference."

Current Employee - Member Services Coordinator in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Member Services Coordinator in Washington, DC

I have been working at HonorSociety.org part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm very fortunate to being doing something I really enjoy, and that's the main pro of HonorSociety.org for me. Helping people succeed and build a future as my profession is very rewarding. The culture of HonorSociety.org is very upbeat and positive, and people really believe in what they are doing here.

Cons

The biggest challenge is managing work-life balance. It's hard to completely leave your work at the office because there is so much to do and so many tangible ways to make a difference.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to consider adding more benefits for employees and, if possible, more company social events.

Other Employee Reviews for HonorSociety.org

1. "Emerging Leadership Catalyst"

Current Employee - Founder and President of Alpha Nu in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Founder and President of Alpha Nu in Houston, TX

Pros

I chose to open a chapter of HonorSociety.org at the University of Houston. I made this decision because I HonorSociety.org is dedicated to the academic and professional success of the members. Every service that HonorSociety.org provides is designed with the success and prosperity of the members in mind.

Cons

There's a definite sense of isolation when it comes to opening a chapter. It takes time to open a chapter well and have it be successful. The process and pressure to open the chapter felt rushed and unorganized. I also felt like I was doing it alone.

Advice to Management

I recommend that you offer more support to leadership on the campuses and take time to learn more about the challenges and concerns they have in opening the chapter. Also make the responsibilities clear and known over the phone or verbally somehow. Learning HonorSociety.org and getting used to everything can be overwhelming.

2. "You can tell everyone loves what they do here."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at HonorSociety.org full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The biggest benefit is working in such a positive environment. Everyone here really seems to love what they do, and it shows in their dedication and work quality. The culture is very positive and service oriented. It kind of feels like how Zappos describes their company culture and says they are "Delivering Happiness." The work hours are flexible, and I have the option to work from home certain days, which is a definite plus. Helping students achieve and recognizing their hard work is very rewarding to me personally, and the compensation is commensurate to other opportunities for my experience.

Cons

I would like to see us further define our long-term plans and value proposition so that we can effectively plan and execute on all the great ideas that are available to help our members. The organization strives as a whole to help their members as much as possible, and is very service oriented, but nevertheless there are always things that could be done better. I would like to see the organization continue to step up to the plate, as they have before, to continue building on the value proposition of the society.

Advice to Management

Dream bigger. Continue to establish more benefits for both employees and members on the society. Consider hiring more in order to continue making HonorSociety.org the best honors organization possible for its members!