Hoosier Energy - Good Place to start a career, but no where to move up | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hoosier Energy

"Good Place to start a career, but no where to move up"

Pros

Hoosier is more than willing to spend money on helping their employee's educations. That being said they are not willing to give any type of raise for extra credentials.

Cons

Like most utility companies there is an old school mindset. New technologies and ideas will only be used as a last resort to solve a problem. Also, since the company is so small there is no room for advancement unless people with more experience in the company retire.

Advice to Management

Offer an incentive plan for employees that obtain higher educational degrees and accreditation in their field of expertise. There needs to be some sort of way to continue to motivate employees that don't feel like there is any way to move up in a company without older generations retiring.

Other Employee Reviews for Hoosier Energy

1. "Former corporate employee"

Pros

Great company to work for, many good people, good benefits and good pay. Very nice, new facility.

Cons

Many employees have never worked anyplace else. They don't realize how good a company they work for.

Advice to Management

Stop keeping temp employees as temps.

2. "Great Internship"

Pros

I was immediately given real responsibilities and the opportunity to learn. No one made me feel like an "intern," and I got to be included on important projects in the department. I was given the ability to basically set my own hours and the option to work from home on occasion. The new corporate headquarters is a great building to work in.

Cons

There wasn't anything really. The internship really helped set me up.