Hooters - My time here was an experience of a lifetime. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hooters

"My time here was an experience of a lifetime."

Former Employee - Hooters Girl On the Floor and Bar, Trainer, Promo Girl in Killeen, TX

I worked at Hooters full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the best reasons to work here is the diversity of people you get to meet every single day, amazing people. Working with 40+ females is also a plus because you gain life long friends.

Cons

It's a very difficult environment if girls aren't getting along, but there is a very high turn-over rate so the problem solves itself.

Advice to Management

Keep up the outstanding work!

Other Employee Reviews for Hooters

1. "I love almost everything about my job! So thankful for the opportunities I've had and friends I've made!"

Current Employee - Hooters Girl in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Hooters Girl in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Hooters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I moved 2 hours away from home and got the job on the spot the day after I moved here. I make great great money I'm a college student living on my own and went to school full time and still completely supported myself just by working there. I get along with almost all the managers and girls I work with, so going to work is fun. In 10 months I went from never being a waitress to having all closing shifts and saving lots of money while still never ever living paycheck to paycheck!

Cons

It is just hard to work with so many hormonal girls. Also there is a certain amount of favoritism. But thats at any job.

Advice to Management

Take image check seriously, encourage the girls to work harder and make it a more "fun" environment!!!!!!! Getting rid of the christmas lights?! Seriously :( and I think the girls that work so hard deserve more praise if you aren't going to properly punish those who are late and lazy!!!!

"Waitress, bartender, manager"

Pros

I've worked for hooters for almost nine years. I have met so many great people (customers) who will be some of my life long friends. Tips are much better than most restaurants as long as you do your job, which means giving excellent service with a smile, having fun with your guests, and having a strong work ethic!

Cons

I moved my way up with the company over the years and ended up in full time mgmt. Terrible idea!! Extremely long hours for low salary pay. Trying to manage catty girls, obnoxious customers just trying to get free food, and a short staffed kitchen was too much. Very stressful and no quality of life. Stepped back down to serving. There was a corporate buy out and the company is changing everything! Have cut so many hours, cutting staff... The new company is destroying hooters. I have never seen so many dissatisfied customers or sales decline the way they have in past two years...

Advice to Management

Quit trying to pinch pennies!! In the restaurant business you have to spend money to make money. Have more consideration for your hard working employees.