Cover image for Hootsuite

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

All-around a fair and interesting work environment

Sep 28, 2019 - Solutions Consultant in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Before I go on, quick note: everything varies team to team, leader to leader. If you're considering working at Hootsuite, I strongly recommend speaking to a few people currently on the team you're interested in joining. -Flexible work culture: Employees are trusted to fulfill their responsibilities on their own accord. Work times, locations, and approach can all be molded to your lifestyle. This of course varies team-team though. I also felt that most colleagues were relatively easy-going. -Collaborative: Generally, in my experience, teams are collaborative and open to cross-silo input. -Room for Creativity: Despite Hootsuite's size, there are processes that are lacking or outdated. As such, there's room to shape the role that you're in and bring new ideas forward. I never felt beholden to a certain approach to anything. -Interesting Product, Ecosystem, and Partners: Hootsuite is so much more than the simple social media scheduling tool you may know about. There's several modules within the enterprise platform, multiple partners to resell, and 200+ tech ecosystem integrations - all of which make selling and supporting Hootsuite intellectually more interesting than you may think. Broad Scale: Hootsuite has an impressive footprint across small, medium, and large businesses, across multiple verticals. This helps reduce monotony in sales + service roles.

Cons

While I really enjoyed working at Hootsuite, every pro listed above does come with a downside. Product Strategy: The product direction can be spread between to SMB, Mid-Market, and Enterprise needs. It's challenging to do anything particularly unique with that broad of a focus. Visibility = Work Quality: At times, it feels like the ability to sell your work internally is equally important to the actual work that you do. There's so much happening at all times, so you do need to invest time into internal visibility in order to gain recognition and respect internally. As such, there can be unintentional bias against introverts or employees that don't focus on this. This could just be a reality in larger companies though (I came from smaller companies <100 people where the internal schmoozing / selling was as necessary). Pace: While the business is still growing, it's no longer in hyper-growth mode. If you're looking for something extremely fast paced, this isn't it.

Continue reading
    12 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture

Sep 28, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people on the sales team, diversity & inclusion, and overall a very positive and friendly culture.

Cons

Incompetent payroll and poor senior-level management.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

The best company I have ever worked for

Sep 23, 2022 - Executive Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing flexibility. Motivated co-workers. They understand the human aspect of life even though we work in an industry that moves at warp speed. Extremely diverse workforce across all spectrums. Supervisors are amazing. A great place to work.

Cons

Tech industry is contracting as a whole right now. Though there have been recent lay-offs this is not at all a reflection of a bad working environment.

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Hootsuite.

Hootsuite Photos