KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

A company filled with passionate, culture-focused and skilled people.

Apr 29, 2015 - Sales Department in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at Hootsuite is awesome. I had come from working with various small businesses consisting of 3 to 10 employees over the course of the last 8 years of my life (from non-profit and interior design to branding agencies) and at first I had some hesitation transitioning into a "big company" (over 500 employees). I can say that all of those hesitations were wiped away once I started working here. The culture is a big plus for me. Obviously a fairly competitive salary matters, but I'd rather take a little less money and work with amazing, smart and entrepreneurial-minded individuals in a team setting than make a few extra bucks. I just want to say that is important to me, might not be for you though. People here are extremely friendly and having the support from people from various departments is awesome. The environment and culture here is relaxed (pretty much get to wear whatever you want and people can even bring dogs) but I do say that people are passionate and work hard when they are here. I appreciate and respect that. Overtime is not expected to be a "good performer" that I've experienced in every job except this one. People leave when their work day is over, but when they are here, they're friendly but still get stuff done. It's refreshing. As far as benefits and all of the fine print, they were very upfront before I started with benefits and compensation and I found it to actually be pretty competitive (remember, there's lots of departments and lots of people so benefits and salaries may differ). It's definitely a step up from not being able to take vacation because you're over worked in a small company that only allows you to take long weekends and not extended holidays. In fact, they discourage overtime and not taking vacations! There's a lot of small "perks" that paint the bigger picture. Everything is modern and well-maintained and the interior design has had a lot of TLC put into it. The open atmosphere and "flat" organization is something I dig so it fits my personality. When I first started, I was even able to express my desire to expand my skills and move up eventually and they were very receptive. I find the management to be approachable and extremely friendly. I've had a bad taste from bad management in previous companies where it was hard to approach them and express issues, requests and even feedback. Here it's very circular and open.

Cons

Obviously everything has it's cons, but for me, the pros outweigh the cons by a landslide. The "open" space may not jive well for people who need privacy to focus. They definitely hire a certain type of personality: people who are driven, passionate, friendly and have an interest in a variety of areas. It definitely helps to be outgoing here. They have a strong collaboration and team-focus attitude so it's important that people be willing to step outside their comfort zones and work well with a variety of people and personalities. It's easy to get distracted here (but that's not really a con, more like something you'll need to get used to) because people are so friendly and there other things like a great kitchen, gym, nap rooms, ping pong, foosball and more. It's actually pretty tough for me to come up with a lot of cons. I mean, I can nit pick, but the role I'm in is perfect thus far and my team is incredible.

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture

Sep 28, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people on the sales team, diversity & inclusion, and overall a very positive and friendly culture.

Cons

Incompetent payroll and poor senior-level management.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

The best company I have ever worked for

Sep 23, 2022 - Executive Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing flexibility. Motivated co-workers. They understand the human aspect of life even though we work in an industry that moves at warp speed. Extremely diverse workforce across all spectrums. Supervisors are amazing. A great place to work.

Cons

Tech industry is contracting as a whole right now. Though there have been recent lay-offs this is not at all a reflection of a bad working environment.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Hootsuite.

Hootsuite Photos