Horizon Air - Horrible company | Glassdoor

"Horrible company"

Former Employee - Ramp in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Ramp in Seattle, WA

I worked at Horizon Air full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Immediate supervisors on the ground level are really fantastic, and seem to actually care about their employees. Young work environment, decent travel benefits, although sub-par for industry standard.

Cons

Unorganized!!! Of several issues, this was the worst: I worked for Horizon Alrines from May to August, and the only paycheck I ever received was when I went to HQ and told the payroll department they'd have to call the police to get me to leave, or cut me a check, because I didn't have the gas in my car to get any further. They finally cut a check for less than one week's worth of hours (this was about two months into my employment) and assured me the rest was on it's way. Needless to say, that's the ONLY check I ever received. When I called in twice because I didn't have the gas to get to work (because I was three months behind on paychecks), I was fired for "attendance". I had prior airline experience for a much larger airline in another state and had left them in good standing. Upper management didn't seem to understand that there was any problem with employees simply not being paid for work.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees. If there's a problem with payroll, solve it quickly. You're lucky I couldn't afford a lawyer at the time.

Other Employee Reviews for Horizon Air

"Horizon is an exciting airline to work for, but only if you want to work in the aviation industry."

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Billings, MT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Billings, MT

Pros

Horizon is pretty loyal to its employees and strives to treat them well.

Cons

Due to the recent economic times the pay was low. This is understandable but at the same time the amount of responsibility required to perform this job was above the pay grade.

Advice to Management

Leadership seemed to be competent and was constantly striving to improve.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Spokane, WA

Pros

Benefits - Company paid (for employee) Medical, Vision, Dental with low deductible. Plus travel benefits and industry discounts are a definite bonus.

Cons

Relatively low pay compared to other "Legacy" carriers, but then we don't have the issues they have. The schedules can be all over the place, but that is the nature of the beast.