Horizon Behavioral Health - I enjoyed the job! | Glassdoor
  1. "I enjoyed the job!"

Former Employee - Clinician

I worked at Horizon Behavioral Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really enjoyed working at Horizon. I felt the management team was great and supported the clinicians. I enjoyed working with the population and the work.

Cons

Leadership administration does not always understand that what is capable on paper is not capable when working with humans with mental illness or substance use. The billing requirements was too steep.

Horizon Behavioral Health2019-07-30

Other Employee Reviews

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Horizon Behavioral Health full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've been at Horizon for 14 years. I started as a case manager and I am currently a manager. Horizon has been an excellent place for me to work. During my time there I was inspired to go back to school to obtain my LPC. Supervision was free and there was a lot of support from my co-workers and supervisor while I was working on it. Horizon is a family that I am extremely proud to be part of. I feel supported,... respected, and valued by my supervisor, peers, and staff. I am hoping to one day retire from Horizon. The benefits are great including ample vacation time and state retirement. If you are looking for a rewarding position where you can grow professionally, feel supported, change the lives of those you serve, and feel like you belong to a family then Horizon is the place for you.

Cons

As you can tell from some of the other reviews there are some unhappy staff but that is true anywhere you go. Due to the constant changes in behavioral health and state/federal requirements Horizon is in a state of change and some people don't handle change well. The behavioral health field is challenging and the pay isn't fantastic but Hoizon is a fantastic place to work if you are passionate about helping others... in our community.

Advice to Management

Continue the great work we do everyday.

Horizon Behavioral Health2018-10-05
  2. "Avoid"

I worked at Horizon Behavioral Health full-time

Pros

Co-workers Clients That's all folks

Cons

too many to name

Horizon Behavioral Health2019-11-18

Discover more reviews about Horizon Behavioral Health.