Hormel - Good Job for what it is, but a strong company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hormel

"Good Job for what it is, but a strong company"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Territory Manager in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Pay was good
Company car
Lots of Perks ie cell phone, home cable paid for, and good benefits
good training and continuing training
Great people-management is nice and your co-workers are good (some people suck but that's everywhere you go)
You get to travel

Cons

The future growth in the sales program is a bit limited. If I were to have stayed with Hormel in sales I would still be doing what I was doing when I first started. There is no difference between an entry sales position and a senior sales position except for the pay and territory size. If you have aspirations of moving into corporate be prepared to live in Austin (no not texas, which would be cool), Minnesota and go to Torgies everyday and live next to your boss. There should be the plant in Austin with corporate in Minneapolis where there is a good living situation away from the job.

Advice to Management

I think management was great however there should be more employee involvment and more understanding of women and minorities. Hormel is somewhat whitebread, and wheat tastes good too ;-) Overall I liked my experience with hormel and I would recommend that someone start off their career with them.

Other Employee Reviews for Hormel

"Positive"

Current Employee - Data Center in Austin, MN
    Current Employee - Data Center in Austin, MN

Pros

benefits, nice people to work for

Cons

can be forced to take a shift that is less than pleasurable until seniority is established

Advice to Management

Keep doing a good job.

"Fun and creative"

Current Employee - Researcher in Austin, MN
    Current Employee - Researcher in Austin, MN

Pros

They encourage personal growth and you have the opportunity to be creative. The lab managers are wonderful and easy to get along with.

Cons

I cannot understand accents well and so workign with people who speak other languages as their primary language made it difficult for me.

Advice to Management

None, they are all doing a wonderful job with what they have been doing so far. Thank you for the experience!