Hornbeck Offshore - OK | Glassdoor

"OK"

Pros

They pay your travel to and from home

Cons

Never know if u have a job to come back to and never really hear anything about the way the company is going

Advice to Management

i know times have been hard but itd time for a pay to get better and more Communication and Leadership

Other Employee Reviews for Hornbeck Offshore

"Lies, lies and more lies"

Current Employee - Ship's Officer
    Current Employee - Ship's Officer

Pros

The pay is good and plenty of room for advancement. The benefits are also good. Free uniforms are a plus when you are lucky enough to recieve them.

Cons

Communication from upper management is always inaccurate and untruthful. The company does not deserve the red ship. They have no respect for the special needs of the vessel and too cheap to maintain anything properly. Lack of respect towards the crew and what exactly are we supposed to do with a plaque? Thanks for nothing.

Advice to Management

You better wake up. Critical personnel are sending off resumes left and right thanks to the 30 hour crewboat ride. You come onboard and tell us how important we are then treat us like we are nothing. Lies, lies, and more lies.

2. "Mate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Fourchon, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Fourchon, LA

I have been working at Hornbeck Offshore full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is striving to better itself. The downturn has crushed a once mega powerful empire at HOS, and IMO it's showing signs of improving. The company has had to adapt to the current market conditions, making some if not all Mariners uncomfortable. It's understandable that we should be and most are thankful to have our jobs at this point. The schedule sucks for some, however some like it. The pay isn't what it used to be, but I make more out here than I ever could at home, so I'm thankful in that aspect. Management has seem to have had a change of heart and the low key relationships the Ops managers are seeming to have towards Mariners not only keep us at ease, but actually help us do our jobs better. It's a better company than it was IMO from 2 years ago. It's a much smaller company due to the cuts, but when things start to boom again HOS will roar back to it's dominate position in the OSV/MPSV market. If I was offered a job here I would take it in a second. Don't worry about chasing the dollars when other small companies off you more, the stability is with the larger companies. All this is said with the understanding your worth ethic and skills are worth what you're being paid. If you are joe blow off the street and don't know much about offshore it might be a struggle for a while but there is room to learn, you just have to prove your worth the the vessel master and your Ops Manager. To finish up, HOS doesn't owe you a danged thing, you have to preform at the level they expect, to many people have developed a bad attitude in this down turn and they expect the company to carry them. It's not the case here, prove your self daily and you will be just fine.

P.S. I'm not from the office. Been serving on OSV's since I started 5 years ago

Cons

Travel Pay and 401K sucks, but it's understandable.

Advice to Management

Continue improving relationships between vessel crew and your Mariners. The Ops dept. has come a long way and it shows, but there will always be room for improvement. We understand you are trying to survive so stay in constant communication with the crews and we will all make it through this together.